2 or 4 inch lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
That orange K5 as my avatar is up 2" in the front with new springs and 2" spacers in the back.

Below, there is about 1300 lbs tongue weight on the hitch from a load of firewood in the trailer - so it looks a little down in the back.

You must be registered for see images attach

The 2" spacers in the back came with an instruction sheet that was 100% wrong in positioning the tapered adapters. I'm not going to post the company name as they were very abusive to me over the phone and threatened me with a lawsuit if I mentioned their name in a negative way on the internet.

They stated in the installation booklet that the tapered shim has to be installed with the thick end rearward, away from the engine.

That was wrong because their way pointed the pinion up toward the transfer case, and I called them to ask if they knew it --- then they went off on me.

So buyer beware!

FWIW --- the driveshaft u-joint must have the same angle as the transfer case output u-joint or there'll be fuzzy mirrors and some wrapping up of the driveline when you come off a stop.

Acceleration - if you apply enough torque - will try to wind up the springs and that will point the pinion even higher ... and if you hit the brakes hard, it tries to pull the driveshaft out of the transfer case.

I Googled a lot of sites and they all state that the angles must be the same +/- a degree or two --- but not much deviation is allowed!

I bought a Klein 035DAG to make sure that I was getting the angles correct.

You must be registered for see images attach

Under $30.00 on Amazon. You NEED THIS TOOL (say that 10 times)

The differential casting has a fin that runs parallel to the pinion shaft, so it's a good place to start when you shoot the other angle at the transfer case output slider.
They won’t win a suit against you for your opinion. Just say, “In my opinion,…”
Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

But I like the cold and frost and snow and ice --- it keeps the Californicaters away.
Except the Sierras in California get more snow than most anywhere in the nation. Probably keeps Bay Area and Angelenos away…

Bozeman is pretty popular for rich Californians these days though.

59840Surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
350 Stroker to 383 with a 400 crank, Crane Cam, Q-Jet, single 3.5" exhaust..

Except the Sierras in California get more snow than most anywhere in the nation. Probably keeps Bay Area and Angelenos away…

"They" call both Bozeman and Missoula "Blueberries in a sea of red syrup".

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size

We call it "BozeAngeles" A big part of the reason housing prices are so absurd there, Out-of-staters come flashing there $ and paying $40-$70k more than asking price just to get the sale. Everyone else follows suit. The beauty of Bozo's surroundings is killed by the fart-sniffing, Prius & Range Rover drivers. I wouldn't live there if someone gave me a house! D-Bag Donkey mayor, pro-trans, Rainbow painted crosswalks, & they now celebrate "Indigenous People's Day", Columbus got 86'd

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
We call it "BozeAngeles" A big part of the reason housing prices are so absurd there, Out-of-staters come flashing there $ and paying $40-$70k more than asking price just to get the sale. Everyone else follows suit. The beauty of Bozo's surroundings is killed by the fart-sniffing, Prius & Range Rover drivers. I wouldn't live there if someone gave me a house! D-Bag Donkey mayor, pro-trans, Rainbow painted crosswalks, & they now celebrate "Indigenous People's Day", Columbus got 86'd
The rainbow crosswalks, celebrating gender dysphoria and the Columbus Day business is nonsense. Sad indeed. At least your state government is still reasonable for the most part. We have the chief bozo here. Unfortunately, he has presidential aspirations. If that happens, it’ll be tough to recover from. Let’s all pray to God it doesn’t.

I almost don’t notice it in the county I live, that is, until I pay taxes. If it’s still this crazy here when I retire, I’ll be living at least 51% in an income tax free state. Well, I’ll be getting my mail there at least. I’ll be on the road most of the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad