75 k10 lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davy jones

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hey, I'm new to this forum. I have a 75 k10, it came with a 6-inch rough country lift kit, however, I'd like to bring it down to about 3-4 inches. My question is can I keep the leaf springs from the 6-inch lift kit and just replace the shocks or will I need to just buy a new kit entirely?

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
The shocks only dampen movement so they do not effect ride hide. If you want to lower it you will basically need a new kit because you'll need lower springs plus the existing shocks will probably be too long. Also watch out for the steering linkage and driveshafts as they may (should) have been modified for the 6" lift.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Also watch out for the steering linkage and driveshafts as they may (should) have been modified for the 6" lift.
This is super important to a good driving lifted truck. If the wheels are straight ahead and the truck is at normal ride height, the steering drag link from the steering box arm to the arm on the axle should be completely parallel to the ground. If it is angled up or down you will get lots of bump steer every time you hit even the smallest bump in the road.

Hey, I'm new to this forum. I have a 75 k10, it came with a 6-inch rough country lift kit, however, I'd like to bring it down to about 3-4 inches. My question is can I keep the leaf springs from the 6-inch lift kit and just replace the shocks or will I need to just buy a new kit entirely?
Like John said, you will need to modify the spring or other items to lower the lift. Sometimes you can just remove leaves form the spring pack to bring it down some and soften the ride. Often the cheap lift kits will use blocks in the back. If that's what was done, you can sometimes just remove the block and install a shackle flip instead.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
You may be able to remove some of the front leaves. The problem you may run into once the spring relaxes from removing extra leaves, it may be too long and the rear spring eye will be too close or sitting on the frame preventing shackle movement.

davy jones

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members