lift advice 4" (1 Ton)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Not really... they are the same springs. The HD just has an additional bottom spring. You can make an "HD" into an "EZ-Ride" by just removing the bottom spring. Or at least they used to be. I noticed the older pair I have has a different part numbering scheme then the current ones, maybe they changed things up and have made them stiffer....

Correct I have the HD's in my '85. I'm probably going to remove the 4th spring. The '79 with the EZ rides was the best riding 4WD Square I've had.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Correct I have the HD's in my '85. I'm probably going to remove the 4th spring. The '79 with the EZ rides was the best riding 4WD Square I've had.

I'm considering doing the same. I'll be putting in the all iron 454, but also putting in the aluminum radiator and electric fans, so I'll probably be mostly a wash on front end weight. The HD would probably be helpful if hauling a camper or a heavily loaded 5th wheel, but that's a pretty rare use case for me. I'll more often be pulling a light to medium weight trailer and the 63" K2500 Suburban rear springs should have no problem with that.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Not really... they are the same springs. The HD just has an additional bottom spring. You can make an "HD" into an "EZ-Ride" by just removing the bottom spring. Or at least they used to be. I noticed the older pair I have has a different part numbering scheme then the current ones, maybe they changed things up and have made them stiffer....
It's about 4 yrs ago now, my buddy and I bought two sets. I got the HD option. They are the same otherwise at least back then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128