lets see your heater hoses!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I have the exact same routing in my k5 :D
Mines an a/c truck so it kicks the heater core barbs out towards the fender so I that's where I ran em. Nice gradual curve so no kinks, and the rubber isn't picking up extreme outside heat, or possibly touching hot engine parts.

That brings up another question, I wonder how much heat loss you get through heater hoses... maybe the shorter the better, or maybe some kind of insulation wrap would improve heating?!

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Well, here I am late to the party again, damn, I miss all the great action!!! Ok, you ask for it so here they are, hope you can stand the excitement, :cheers:LOL Please don't st
You must be registered for see images attach
are at them too long because they are very shy and will disappear up on the rafters again where they now reside!!

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Mines an a/c truck so it kicks the heater core barbs out towards the fender so I that's where I ran em. Nice gradual curve so no kinks, and the rubber isn't picking up extreme outside heat, or possibly touching hot engine parts.

That brings up another question, I wonder how much heat loss you get through heater hoses... maybe the shorter the better, or maybe some kind of insulation wrap would improve heating?!

I never had an issue with heat loss. In winter with heater turned on you think you are in an oven as soon the engine is fully warmed up. I'm running a mechanical fan with a thermo clutch.
The only lines I've seen wrapped are the ac lines.

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Zip ties for me too.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I never had an issue with heat loss. In winter with heater turned on you think you are in an oven as soon the engine is fully warmed up. I'm running a mechanical fan with a thermo clutch.
The only lines I've seen wrapped are the ac lines.
I'm definitely not worried about it in my single cabs lol. I know that life, going from North Dakota winter to getting into a running square it's like a damn sauna. I'm running mechanical clutch fans as well.

Buttttt my suburban has slightly more area to warm up:rotflmao: but then again I do have all of my carpet and headliner ripped out, so that doesn't help one bit, as well as the amount of glass on the truck haha.

SIDE NOTE:
One major thing I've learned though is to make sure your firewall is 100% air tight. There's a few grommets that we're letting air through and it froze my feet for a while before I figured out why it was so cold lol. Once I got those taken care of it was way better. Insulation is also key in the summer, the trans tunnels in these trucks get HOT. So basically if you're having climate control issues, check out these options lol.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
hmm

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Here’s mine

nabeshin

functioning lunatic
Reaction score
First Name
Grae
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I probably need to get mine zip tied or something, they just rub right now.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
it appears being weighted on the nipple caused them to go bad, the rubber was close but the gravity naturally pulling down didnt help. We can get the clip together!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224