LED flasher. What are these wires for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
I bought one of these from LMC (see below pic), because I want to install LED bulbs in my front turn signals/running lights that are under the headlights. It appears the fuse goes in the appropriate spot on the fuse block, but what are the wires for?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
The one attached to the flasher is a ground. The other leads, I assume, are for reversing the line and load wires in case they dont flash in your vehicle as plugged in.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I ordered an led flasher relay from lmc and it came as one of the rectangular relays not a round one, the two extra wires are to run from the pins to the relay, then the relay has a piece of double sided automotive tape on one side to mount on firewall next to fuse block.

Mine did not have a wire coming out of the relay itself. Wish they relay woulda just sat in the fuse block like it should but oh well, it works fine.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
The one attached to the flasher is a ground. The other leads, I assume, are for reversing the line and load wires in case they dont flash in your vehicle as plugged in.
what would reversing the line do and what would it do if it were backwards?

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
what would reversing the line do and what would it do if it were backwards?

It would make the blinker work. The blinker needs to see the voltage from the vehicle to then induce flashing. If its on the wrong side nothing will happen. Think of it like polarity on an led bulb. It needs + and - to be on the corresponding side otherwise it doesnt light up.

Hope that made sense for ya.

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
My new LED front turn signal/marker lights came in. I got them plugged in, and to my surprise they blink as they should without needing to install this flasher in question. I'm guessing the LED side marker lights/housings I previously installed from LMC, must have load balancers in them, or the PO installed one at some point. Fine by me. One less thing to dick with, and I can send it back for a refund

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20