King ranch seat in the sqaurebody.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

playinghooky13

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have seen write ups and a video of someone putting king ranch seats in our sqaures. seen them in the 67 to 72 trucks and one in a sqaurebody. Curious if anyone on here has done this. I have a nice set of them and i would use the rear its a split bench seat. Im not a ford fan but I do like the seats. I dont want the front buckets and the drivers side needs repaired at the upholstery shop but the rear and passenger side front bucket are like brand new. I could probably sell them or trade them to find a chevrolet bench but the pictures i have seen of them they looked pretty clean. if anyone has done it here id like to hear from you and how you made yours. if anyone is in texas near me and would buy the buckets and consoles id part with them or the whole set if i changed my mind

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I have not personally done it but I've sat in a few trucks that had 2nd row benches from a modern pickup or SUV swapped in. They're "meh" to me. They're not super comfortable and certainly wouldn't be for a long haul. They usually end up mounted at a slightly odd position and have zero lumbar or bolster, I also found them to be very hard. Granted, the factory benches had no lumber or bolster but at least they were nice and comfy like a couch.

playinghooky13

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I understand that. The write up I have seen used the bracketts from the original bench seat with some modifications. I have had this truck since the early 90's and it used to be easier on my back lol

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
i got front and rear king ranch seats in my crewcab.
leather, power, heated, some of the most comfortable seats i ever had in any of my trucks till i bought a rcsb couple months ago with an escalade seat in it, even more comfy than the king ranch's

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I had a 2001 King Ranch supercrew truck for a little bit, drove it till it remembered it was a Phord and was starting to lose the transmission. In radiator cooler rotted and turned the fluid muddy.....
The seats were comfortable, and had good leather on them despite being over 20 years old. Never thought about putting them in a Chevy though!
I sold the truck to a guy at the RV park, who was restoring it for his granddaughter. Some of the $$ went towards the purchase of my crew cab, so I turned that lemon into Silverado lemonade....

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I usually dont say much about peoples customization choices here.... as my own preferences are distasteful to most here, probably

However, furd seats in a "sqaurebody" is a horrible idea hahaha

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
well i'm not one of those kind of guys that get all hung up on a name. if something is worlds above what gm orig slapped in the truck, i'm not adverse to using it, esp just some seats. what bugs me is when guys go stick a ford 60 under the front of their truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

two things i like about my seats, one, if i have had too many road pop, got an instant bed in back, and two, i didn't pay a cent for the seats

playinghooky13

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If I knew how id post the link of the ones I've seen from the net. looked pretty clean to me. one guy had a special gm club patch made to go where he took the king ranch name off the seats. that was in a 67 to 72 c10. It's just a seat right lol. I have had a sqaure with the late early obs seats it was ok but my opinion the leather on the original king ranch looks good

Old Guy Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I remember the first run of Ford Super Duty King Ranch models many years ago.
Those seats were the most comfortable leather seats I’d ever sat in.
The leather was like an old baseball glove, soft & smooth.

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
@Rumbledawg what year seats are those? How was getting them installed?
not sure of yr. guy i got them from said they were out of his son 's wrecked super duty.
not up to par on ford stuff, but i think the KR seats were available in SD's from '03 on. mine are 10 way power with heaters, but only a 2 wire hookup, which leads me to believe they are earlier seats as i seen a set from an '08 and it had like 5, 6, 7 wires or so to hook them up
install was fairly easy. i used the ford brackets cause they are lower and believe it, all the holes on the buckets lined up with the factory holes, just had to put a 2" spacer on both of the front inside bolts.
the rears didn't line up as nice, but was still pretty simple. the two front bolts once again hit the factory holes, the 2 rears were about half an inch off the factorys, some angle iron worked to get them into the factory holes. the 2 middle ones (seat is a 60/40 split) are non existent and had to drill, but they go thru the factory body brace underneath like the factory holes, and did use fishplates similar to the stock ones on them as well.
one thing i had to do after install was put a tilt column in, not a lot of comfortable leg to steering wheel room

I remember the first run of Ford Super Duty King Ranch models many years ago.
Those seats were the most comfortable leather seats I’d ever sat in.
The leather was like an old baseball glove, soft & smooth.
the leather is like an old glove!
learned real quick to put covers on them though...
the seats themselves only cost me about 40 mins of my labor, but i just about cr@pped when the wife told me what she paid for the covers, at the time in '08, available at the ford dealer, $425
wife was not ticked at the price, she was upset cause i had to go to the dealer and wrecked her anniversary surprise for me. i guess she called the dealer about the covers and the guy goes what yr is the truck, wife is like '85
guy prob scratches his head, KR seats aren't available in '85. he tells my wife go get the vin. wife gets vin gives it to guy, he's like that don't show up on any my stuff. asks if she got vin right, wife is like ya. guy says is it a f150, f250....wife is like no, it's a chevy. guy is prob by now thinking oh boy, some dumb.....he suggests call the chevy dealer. wife says but their king ranch seats, guy's like why do i get the "un-smart" ones. says KR seats have never come in chevy's and he can't help her.
wife tells me what happened, so i go down to the dealer and say i need KR covers, what yr? '85, the look on the guys face was priceless.
i says to him, come outside. he's like wow, this makes sense now, he even mentioned how factory-ish and clean they looked.

joe231

Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
i got front and rear king ranch seats in my crewcab.
leather, power, heated, some of the most comfortable seats i ever had in any of my trucks till i bought a rcsb couple months ago with an escalade seat in it, even more comfy than the king ranch's
Any idea what year Escalade? Got pictures? I put some early Escalade buckets in the wife’s 66 C10 and she loves them.

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
no idea what yr, but after looking at pics i would say earlier too, '99-'05 ish
they were in the truck when i bought it last january. and their not in a square, it's a rcsb obs
will get a pic later, still dark out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod