K30 w/hydroboost clutch pedal solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The factory pedal sets are getting expensive.

I've posted about it in a couple other threads, but I modified an existing clutch pedal for the correct geometry and best of all, it mounts to an original pedal bracket for an auto. Not only was it cheap, it was a much easier install.

Yeah but you're a redneck.
What if he wants it done right and not rednecktified??? But for sure, the Hydro pedal assemblies are getting harder to find. Likely due to NV4500 Swaps. I myself like Z Bar much better, but someone once made sense to me that for a 4x4 with flexing and articulation, a hydro set up would be much better sooo.... I'm still belly aching for a A883 set up that I once had except for clutch pedals. Story of my life, I can want in one hand and **** in the other cuz it'll never happen. FML !!!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Yeah but you're a redneck.
What if he wants it done right and not rednecktified??? But for sure, the Hydro pedal assemblies are getting harder to find. Likely due to NV4500 Swaps. I myself like Z Bar much better, but someone once made sense to me that for a 4x4 with flexing and articulation, a hydro set up would be much better sooo.... I'm still belly aching for a A883 set up that I once had except for clutch pedals. Story of my life, I can want in one hand and **** in the other cuz it'll never happen. FML !!!
with enough U joints on your z bar actuation, who needs hydro??!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
with enough U joints on your z bar actuation, who needs hydro??!
I used to street race Muncie M21's and M22's in my 62 C10 and 64 GMC with a Z bar clutch linkage and McLeod clutches. I've driven buddies cars and trucks with hydro clutches and the hydro clutch couldn't keep up with me and I spit the pistons out of the slave cylinders or the pedal didn't return fast enough. I'd take Z bar linkage to race any day over hydro. You can also get air sucked in through the slave cylinder doing that. Not common but it happens. And you can also adjust the clutch if you have enough disk to compensate but then the clutch isn't set where you really want it to race either so pick your poision. Just gimme a Z bar.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I used to street race Muncie M21's and M22's in my 62 C10 and 64 GMC with a Z bar clutch linkage and McLeod clutches. I've driven buddies cars and trucks with hydro clutches and the hydro clutch couldn't keep up with me and I spit the pistons out of the slave cylinders or the pedal didn't return fast enough. I'd take Z bar linkage to race any day over hydro. You can also get air sucked in through the slave cylinder doing that. Not common but it happens. And you can also adjust the clutch if you have enough disk to compensate but then the clutch isn't set where you really want it to race either so pick your poision. Just gimme a Z bar.

AMEN to that!

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Check my nv3500 swap thread, you could do what I did for the master to the manual pedals. Been working great for me for around 3 yrs now, maybe 4.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
My concern is clearing long tubes. I had to get rid of my factory auto linkage because of that. Think that’ll be a problem?

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Check my nv3500 swap thread, you could do what I did for the master to the manual pedals. Been working great for me for around 3 yrs now, maybe 4.
So what are the pros/cons to running the hydro TO bearing vs hydro slave/linkage?

Either way, what keeps mud, water etc out of the clutch assembly? The mud part probably doesn’t apply to your truck, but maybe others have a response to that bit...

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
So what are the pros/cons to running the hydro TO bearing vs hydro slave/linkage?

Either way, what keeps mud, water etc out of the clutch assembly? The mud part probably doesn’t apply to your truck, but maybe others have a response to that bit...

Pros would be more clearance for the exhaust as you don't have to have room for the slave an all outside the trans. Cons if it needs service your pulling the trans.

I was mainly saying you could follow my pedal an Master setup with an nv4500 too.

I don't follow your last question. The bell housing should keep junk out of the clutch...

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I don't follow your last question. The bell housing should keep junk out of the clutch...
Just seemed to me that these openings would allow debris in a truck that spends a large portion of its time in the dirt. Probably not though.
You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I ordered a 96+ nv4500, advanced adapters bellhousing, and external slave perch. Should be here in 10 days.

Just need to work out the pedal, master and slave. Also, still kicking around the idea of doing the 208 rebuild myself or paying a shop $1000 to do it... seems steep, but I’m pretty short on time these days.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Be careful on your clutch selection. If you do the internal throw out bearing you'll need an matching pressure plate. I found that out the hard way...

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Be careful on your clutch selection. If you do the internal throw out bearing you'll need an matching pressure plate. I found that out the hard way...
I purchased the Advance Adapters bellhousing for a drivers side external slave this afternoon.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
My concern is clearing long tubes. I had to get rid of my factory auto linkage because of that. Think that’ll be a problem?
I had headers with my Z bar. All depends on the header routing. Mine looked kinda like a Tri Y to the center, then 90 degreed under the Z bar rod but just to the outise of the lever to the clutch fork rod.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I had headers with my Z bar. All depends on the header routing. Mine looked kinda like a Tri Y to the center, then 90 degreed under the Z bar rod but just to the outise of the lever to the clutch fork rod.
My exhaust wouldn’t clear my th400 linkage. That’s where my concern was from.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg