Is this oil pan worth repainting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Ok, Bought both the Rustoleum Rust Reformer and Purple Power De-Ruster. The draw back on the rust reformer is that cant be used on surfaces that exceed 200 degrees. The purple power de-ruster doesnt say anything on surfaces of high heat but going to contact the company see what they say first.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd assume the purple power isn't going to matter one way or another since its a cleaner and treatment. That pan isn't going to get hot until after you cleaned, primed it and painted it, so long as you are using engine paint to withstand the heat, shouldn't be a problem at all.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yep I used the rusto auto primer on some bare metal areas after sanding to protect them until a couple days or so when I went to lay paint on. it worked but after 6 months AFTER being painted, it rusted in every area that was primed and had bare metal under it.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I'd assume the purple power isn't going to matter one way or another since its a cleaner and treatment. That pan isn't going to get hot until after you cleaned, primed it and painted it, so long as you are using engine paint to withstand the heat, shouldn't be a problem at all.

I called Clean Brite/Purple Power and they dont know if there's heat ratio when using it on a surface that will be heated. They gave me a email address for there consultant that uses there products all the time.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Ok,The Purple Power De-ruster consultant got back with me and said it should be fine long as its been rinsed/cleaned.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
these guys here have been telling you to just use it all along and said it's fine.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
these guys here have been telling you to just use it all along and said it's fine.

I was just checking to be sure since nothing was listed on the bottle. I wasnt ignoring on what was being said. :flipthebird::flipthebird:

Last edited:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
flip me the bird all you want buddy, facts are facts, everytime you ask questions, we answer, then you ask the same thing, or go somewhere's else and ask and contact everyone you can like you don't beleive anything we say, so why should we bother if you aint gonna listen and just keep asking.

I know you are looking for opinions and options and trying to get a bunch of info and knowledge, but I don't see how you can keep it all straight with all the questions and jumping back and forth.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
flip me the bird all you want buddy, facts are facts, everytime you ask questions, we answer, then you ask the same thing, or go somewhere's else and ask and contact everyone you can like you don't beleive anything we say, so why should we bother if you aint gonna listen and just keep asking.

I know you are looking for opinions and options and trying to get a bunch of info and knowledge, but I don't see how you can keep it all straight with all the questions and jumping back and forth.

:flipthebird::flipthebird:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
LOL.

well good luck with your oil pan and other projects Dave.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That doesn't appear to be a "freindly" or "horseplay" flipping the bird Dave. Is it possible you might be taking some freindly constructive criticism out of context. Chill brutha. No harm in adults having disagreements, but lets be adult about it. :waytogo:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
That doesn't appear to be a "freindly" or "horseplay" flipping the bird Dave. Is it possible you might be taking some freindly constructive criticism out of context. Chill brutha. No harm in adults having disagreements, but lets be adult about it. :waytogo:

Gotcha.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So you gonna try that purple stuff? If you do, post some before and after pics. We got the before, I'm curious to see how well it kills the rust. I have a feeling its gonna turn out just fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DucatiDave