Intro from an old Assembly Plant guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome: from N.E.
You must be registered for see images attach

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Welcome!

I've toured the Bowling Green Kentucky Assembly plant a few years ago, went there in a car that was built there and got to drive my Trailblazer past old Moraine Assembly a few times and just thought it was awesome. When I grew up, my dad worked in a plant that stamped blanks for many models of GM vehicles, many for the GMT800 line. Some times I wish had had got into production management or project management instead of healthcare but so is the way of things.

Back when it was still GMI, a cousin of mine was the youngest GM certified master tech to graduate from there.

I can't help to notice that you seem to be a I6 guy, and with you being a GM guy I probably have way too many questions about the late (06+) LL8.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Looks like photobucket finally caught up with me;

I will not be going back through to replace all those photos, because I don't have the time nor the inclination (plus I want the placeholders to remain as a testament to photobucket's poor decision on this policy).

I have them saved on my laptop so if any reader has a specific question or item of interest I can address that as an attachment.

K

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Just don't close your Photobucket account or move any pics in your PB account just yet. The forum owner is having an add-on installed that is supposed to pull the images from hosting sites, including PB and upload them here on the Fully Driven server.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Just don't close your Photobucket account or move any pics in your PB account just yet. The forum owner is having an add-on installed that is supposed to pull the images from hosting sites, including PB and upload them here on the Fully Driven server.
Nice!!!!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
This should be a sticky announcement.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
or a flash announcement that shows at the top of every page. Just a thought. Dunno how much work that would be.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Shaggy was on it. The add-on has been installed and hopefully done it's job. I don't see any dead image links here. How about your other threads Keith? Did your PB hosted pics make it here?

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Shaggy was on it. The add-on has been installed and hopefully done it's job. I don't see any dead image links here. How about your other threads Keith? Did your PB hosted pics make it here?

Thank you; no - they're gone on the other threads (and other forums) too.

K

richiemoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
4.3L
Welcome, i just joined as well. I'm across the state from you, but i visit your side often for training and to see family by lake st. clair. Great intro!! I love Pontiac!!! I'm on my second G6 and i want to get a G8 next.

While i don't work for GM, i worked at a tool & die shop that did class A bodysides for various companies including GM, and now i work for a supplier that does floor pans and prototype work for GM and others.

I just bought my dad's '86 custom deluxe to restore; lots to learn still.... But this forum seems like a great place for advice!!

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Welcome, i just joined as well. I'm across the state from you, but i visit your side often for training and to see family by lake st. clair. Great intro!! I love Pontiac!!! I'm on my second G6 and i want to get a G8 next.

While i don't work for GM, i worked at a tool & die shop that did class A bodysides for various companies including GM, and now i work for a supplier that does floor pans and prototype work for GM and others.

I just bought my dad's '86 custom deluxe to restore; lots to learn still.... But this forum seems like a great place for advice!!

Thank you for the post; if you don't mind can you post (or PM me) the different companies where you worked? I am working with several local prototype shops on my current project.

K

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Just read the HotRod article on your Chevelle. Way cool.:rocking:

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I had never read this intro before, interesting stuff. Cool write up on the Chevelle.

Custom Deluxe

Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Truck Year
1985 and 1987
Truck Model
C10 and V20
Engine Size
305 and 350
I don't know if this has been brought up but is there any difference between Canadian built sqaure bodies and USA made sqaure bodies ? Body steel metal formulas and so on .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave