Intake vs. spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78shortandwide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Wondering if there is an advantage to using a high rise intake vs. just putting some spacers on the intake i have. any knowledge would be great.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Wondering if there is an advantage to using a high rise intake vs. just putting some spacers on the intake i have. any knowledge would be great.

All fingers point to a high rise....i think its the individual runner length that makes the difference.

WHEELMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BILL
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
454 v8
this 86 gmc i have with the 454v8..it has a performer.edelbrock intake.no spacer..i thought it should have the spacer..but the 1406 edelbrock.was put on 2009 and it seems to be running fine..

so i am not going to put the spacer on.i have one..some things.you can change out..i think..are more for racing..then the highway..i am sure.some people.install.different things..just for looks..

i doubt if it will save you any gas..

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Line-of-sight from the top of the intake at the carb flange to the intake port of the heads is a factor too, but mainly to extend the usable rpm range for a cam with a higher rpm curve. But usually anything that causes crisper throttle response or other catch phrases for improved performance wont save you any fuel, because you'll be wanting to feel the motor pull hard every chance you get lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64