Intake Manifold bolt length question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Ordered some intake manifold bolts and would like to know If I should be concerned that the new ARP bolts are shorter than the originals. New ones are smaller heads and IMO would need to have the washers which shortens them that much more vs originals.
Is this normal or should I just go buy grade bolts from the hardware store that match better? (I posted this in my BPE thread probably better to post separately)
thanks in advance.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Ordered some intake manifold bolts and would like to know If I should be concerned that the new ARP bolts are shorter than the originals. New ones are smaller heads and IMO would need to have the washers which shortens them that much more vs originals.
Is this normal or should I just go buy grade bolts from the hardware store that match better? (I posted this in my BPE thread probably better to post separately)
thanks in advance.
You must be registered for see images attach
Should be fine. The longer bolt length is usually to account for the big thick metal brackets that are used for lifting hooks. If you aren't putting those on, you will definitely be fine. You only torque the intake manifold to something like 30ft-lbs, so it doesn't need a whole lot of thread engagement. Make sure you put some thread sealant on the bolts though so that oil doesn't make it's way up the bolts and onto the top of the intake manifold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1