I want a rear sliding window!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Cheyenne Camper Special, C30 Crew Cab Dualy
Engine Size
350, 496
I have a rear slider but the latch and seals are all gone, cant seem to find replacements. Sucks cause the glass is perfectly fine. Guess Im gonna have to replace the whole thing unless someone knows where I can get the latch. Im about to get the seat redone and need to get that window sealed up first.

Im on the fence about getting another slider though. Seems less secure and the solid window does look really clean. But I also drive with my windows down 99% of the time. Someone else mentioned the "drumming" is bad without it. I guess I wouldnt know cause Ive never had a seal on mine lol. But now that I think about it, Ive never had that drumming effect happen when driving my K20. If I go to a solid window am I gonna have a problem with that while driving with the windows down?

You must be registered for see images attach

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Truck shop has them

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Truck shop has them
That almost looks like the latch for the sliding windows on a K5.
I need to replace mine.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Mine looks exactly like the one you have and no luck on a latch yet either. Need one to glue on not screw on.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 305
I have a rear slider but the latch and seals are all gone, cant seem to find replacements. Sucks cause the glass is perfectly fine. Guess Im gonna have to replace the whole thing unless someone knows where I can get the latch. Im about to get the seat redone and need to get that window sealed up first.

Im on the fence about getting another slider though. Seems less secure and the solid window does look really clean. But I also drive with my windows down 99% of the time. Someone else mentioned the "drumming" is bad without it. I guess I wouldnt know cause Ive never had a seal on mine lol. But now that I think about it, Ive never had that drumming effect happen when driving my K20. If I go to a solid window am I gonna have a problem with that while driving with the windows down?

It looks like you have nothing to attach the latch to ? You’ll have to install the uprights on the glass.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 305

Pony up the $150 and do it right

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size

With my solid back glass, windows down (vent windows open or closed, doesn’t make a difference), anything over 45-50 has a ton of buffeting. The hwy will give me a headache and can hardly hear the radio. Luckily my AC works well so I can keep the windows up on the hwy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I love having sliding rear windows in both my squares, but I hate the rattle in my ears when driving on a rough road.

I little tore-off piece of matchbook or similar card stock and the rattle goes away. I did that on mine and doesn't even fall out when the sliders are opened up. Without the card stock in there, rattles like crazy.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I seem to be in the minority.
I like the solid rear window.
The 78 k10 I brought home has the slider.
It won't stay.

I was the same way until I ended up with two trucks with sliders. I doubt I'll ever go back solid back glass again

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 305

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 496
With my solid back glass, windows down (vent windows open or closed, doesn’t make a difference), anything over 45-50 has a ton of buffeting. The hwy will give me a headache and can hardly hear the radio. Luckily my AC works well so I can keep the windows up on the hwy.

Damnit, that is exactly the opposite of what I wanted to hear lol. Have you tried opening the floor vents to see if that makes it go away?

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 496

Lol. Ok so it should not happen when both windows are down right? I mean thats generally how you fix it in any car, just want to make sure if I go solid ill still be able to drive on the freeway with the windows down without it happening in the square. TotallyHucked said "windows" did he mean window? And ya, im gonna get a new window. Just cant decide on solid or not. I like the look of solid better.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 305
Lol. Ok so it should not happen when both windows are down right? I mean thats generally how you fix it in any car, just want to make sure if I go solid ill still be able to drive on the freeway with the windows down without it happening in the square. TotallyHucked said "windows" did he mean window? And ya, im gonna get a new window. Just cant decide on solid or not. I like the look of solid better.
I agree the solid window looks better

Last edited:

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 305
i would like a sliding rear window for my square so i can put a air condition in the window then i could be cool on a hot day.
Oh it’s been done...