I need a donut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Unfortunately, I only know of one parts store that still has books on hand. It's several hundred miles from home. I've got a Napa Body Hardware book from 2013 that I have to take with me to the local store when I need to restock.
Local NAPA here still has the big row of books. They are not on the front counter anymore, off to the side wall, but still there.

Fat 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
went to buy parts at a local auto store recently ( CV Boots ) and told they could not supply ( not stocked ) even when we provided make, model, year and OEM part no. Went back with an old aftermarket ( their "home " brand ) box showing part numbers and they found them on the shelf.
Apparently with the "new" on line parts systems, if the stock is entered / inventoried without an OEM part number, it can't be located as the systems are not set up to cross reference by make and model anymore.
God forbid that the parts person might actually recognise the old part you have in your hand, the vehicle it came off, and know what to look for in their shelves ( ! ) ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan87r10