Hydraboost swap R30 to V10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Kinda hard to see but got the return spring and the little bastard shield on as well. You don't want to skip the shirl otherwise the spring will rub the ignition wires and that would eventually turn into the inside of your cab being a big ashtray. Nobody wants that. Second pic is of the push rod attachment. Make sure if your pulling your own parts or buying an assembly that the combination rod retainer and brake light switch plate is save or included as the vacuum assist pedal plate will not work.
You must be registered for see images attach
Now I can put the cluster back but not before I make sure all the lights work.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Lines are on and lined up nicely.....just have to get a Y for the return then bleed it out.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
It made my night not having to take that bracket out of the black truck. There is a lot of crap under there I don't need but it ain't eating anything so it can stay there unmolested.

Lol. I bet. Iirc, I waited until I sawzalled the dash out to remove that bracket when I stripped the 3/4 ton.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Probably a little farmerish or hill billy or what ever you wanna call it but this will be my return set up. It's 3/8 and goes 2 into 1......and I have a surplus of these things.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Lol. I bet. Iirc, I waited until I sawzalled the dash out to remove that bracket.
Worse part is it was getting dark and didn't realize it had them dumb retainers between the column and bracket.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Oh it was real funny.........not.lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I love how the harness intertwines with the column and that bracket. I never could figure out what order things happened in when they originally built it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Lines and return are done. Do these things just run regular dextron 3 in them? It looks like a mess but it's secure lol.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I love how the harness intertwines with the column and that bracket. I never could figure out what order things happened in when they originally built it.
Who knows except maybe @Keith Seymore .lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well it doesn't leak brake part appears to work but no PS. I had PS before. I guess I will let it sit and attempt bleeding again.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well I tried to swap the R30 pump into the big block bracketry all fit with some shimming but the pulleys didn't line up so swapped back. I did swap the valve into my round body pump. Went and got for real PS fluid instead of atf. The atf was foaming something fierce. Filled the reservoir with fluid and cranked it over with out starting it and refilled did this a few times. Will fire up tomorrow after I get some more fuel.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Just as info:

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Well I tried to swap the R30 pump into the big block bracketry all fit with some shimming but the pulleys didn't line up so swapped back. I did swap the valve into my round body pump. Went and got for real PS fluid instead of atf. The atf was foaming something fierce. Filled the reservoir with fluid and cranked it over with out starting it and refilled did this a few times. Will fire up tomorrow after I get some more fuel.

The flow valve behind the fitting is probably stuck, that is what keeps happening to mine. I think I finally got it but I need to drive it again after it sitting for a few days to be sure....

Oh and if you have no pressure to the steering then you dont have any at the booster either....

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L

Who knows except maybe @Keith Seymore .lol

We used a "Layered build". Meaning - battery cables and electrical harnesses were "staged" in an intermediate spot so that when the hydraulic hoses were added everything could be routed correctly and hooked up. The factory assembly manual would document these intermediate routings.

If you had a new guy, or someone who didn't want to follow the process, then you could end up with wires that were stretched tight or couldn't be hooked up because they were hung up on something. Those would have to be taken apart and re-routed correctly in repair.

K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly