HVAC Vacuum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

In2Trux

Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7L
I just added A/C to my 87
The engine is the 350 TBI. Can someone show me a pic or diagram were the vacuum line hooks up to Pls

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Here is the HVAC vacuum diagram for your truck:

You must be registered for see images attach

You are probably asking where to connect the vacuum source hose (item 45 in the image), correct?

I don't know much about TBI intake systems, so I can't tell you where to get full manifold vacuum on the throttle body. Somebody else will know.

But, in the mean time, look on the intake manifold (center - near the back). There should be a tapped hole.

You must be registered for see images attach

It may be plugged or it may have an adapter screwed into it. There may already be vacuum tubing connected to the adapter - if there is one.

You can use that port/adapter to supply your HVAC control system with full vacuum.

Run a hose up to the firewall, tee it off to the left and right. The LH side runs over to the vacuum reservoir (outboard of the master cylinder) and the RH side connects to the HVAC system inside the cab.

In2Trux

Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7L
This is helpful Chengny
Yes that is what I was looking for (A vacuum source)

Rep added

Last edited: