How to change clutch pedal bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
can I revive this thread and ask hows the best way to repair it if the bushing is gone, the sleeve is worn and the pedal is egg shaped inside?

Im guessing I can tack weld a new sleeve in, but where do I buy the sleeve?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
We don't mind threads being revived. Actually better than starting a new one.

Try RockAuto.com for the bushings. Are you talking about the pedal shaft being egg shaped? I think I'd try to find another clutch pedal if mine was badly egg shaped.

Thump

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Wow, excellent thread! Is there a particular trick to getting the clutch pedal back in place? I'm trying to do mine but it seems the sleeve that holds the pedal is too long now that I want to reinstall it... (obviously it's not, and maybe I'm just being a nincompoop, but I can't seem to get it for the life of me!)

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
is there a bushing where the MC connects to the pedal?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Is there a trick to getting the pictures to show? Thanks, Jon
Unfortunately this appears to a thread effected but the photobucket money gouging thing.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
hmm, the pics seem to have been on GMSB at one time, or changed addys during the Photobucket transfer software. Pretty much a useless thread now. We'll see what @Shaggy says if anything can be done. Otherwise, this thread will be moved to Deleted in hopes someone else will start over if @Stroked don't have the pics to replace these missing.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually
Engine Size
You will need to ask @Stroked to come back and reupload these as it seems his photos where hosted somewhere else years go and he dropped/canceled the hosting account? Now idea. Just keep mentioning him on here like I did, and he might come back. :lol:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
If someone PMs him and if he still has the same Email addy it might help get his attention.....just a thought.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You will need to ask @Stroked to come back and reupload these as it seems his photos where hosted somewhere else years go and he dropped/canceled the hosting account? Now idea. Just keep mentioning him on here like I did, and he might come back. :lol:
Yep, I mentioned @Stroked too in hopes he'd come in and see this mess. It's a great thread with lots of good info he put together. I remember some of the pics and he did good. I'd hate to see the thread go to the deleted file.

Affende

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Affende
Truck Year
83 and 84
Truck Model
C1500 and K3500 3+3
Engine Size
250 and 454
any way to get these pictures restores?

I dont have as many brain smarts as i used to.

IronWill42

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
The clutch in my '84 K10 was rattling so bad you couldn't talk to the other person riding with you or hear the radio. That and it flopped back and forth like a dying fish. So, I decided to dive in and fix the darn thing.

This only applies to the linkage style clutches, not the later hydraulic type. Although there may be some similarities.

First: Remove the gauge bezel.
picture.php

Next disconnect the speedometer cable from the back of the gauge cluster by lifting up on the retaining tang and pulling the cable straight out.
picture.php

Now remove the gauge cluster. Depending on year and options, there will be different things to unplug from the back of your cluster. Mine had the main plug and one warning light bulb that had its own wire.

You should end up with this.
picture.php

Unhook the clutch pedal return spring.
picture.php
Sorry to revive an old thread. I’m planning on diving into this to hopefully fix my clutch pedal squeak on my 74 K5.
You don’t happen to still have the photos from this write up do you??

boltbrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K20
Engine Size
My bushings weren’t half as bad as my steel sleeves. Which are 7/16. ID by 9/16 OD and 2 3/4” long. Luckily I found two on eBay, generically. The bushings fit over the sleeves. I found the bushings stocked at two parts store, too. I also had a lot of wear on my long clutch rod inside the cab, which I added metal to with my welder, and ground back to round. The huge spring that made of 1/4” rod I cut off with a grinder and replaced with a lighter weight spring

Geodude2506

Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350/290 5.7
How do you get this Spring off? I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to get it back on if I got t off.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL