How quick is your Square?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Perhaps after we put the fresh heads, Edelbrock intake, and Holley carb on we will take it to the track for some testing.

As it sits, the engine was rebuilt in the 90's and the only fun bit that was installed at that time was an "RV" cam.
No spec's on it though, so we shall see.
I might put a little cam into it to see how it does with that, I still have to pass DEQ with it though so I can't go to crazy with it.

Unless I want to keep this one stock and then build a second one to install for the time between DEQ tests...

WesN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I think I found a problem with fuel delivery. It is a piece of rubber gasket that I think is from the fuel pump deteriorating. I got a pick in to get it out and the nut is 1/4” for comparison. New pump and installed an Edelbrock in-line filter and in a couple of weeks will take it to the track again. Quicker faster???
You must be registered for see images attach

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Never timed it, but if I gad to guess I'd say my Suburban runs about 8 seconds.

For the 60' I mean...

Hah

I've had it going quite fast on the highway several times, it just takes a long time to get there.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Quick, huh, well I guess that's relative right? I would not describe my square as quick. 1984 305 700R4 3.41 gears, all stock except edelbrock carb. It does pretty good off the line, likely because of the relatively low first gear (for an autotrans). It feels pretty strong during normal acceleration, but it is amazing how much more you don't get from punching the throttle and opening the secondaries.

In over drive because of the relatively high gearing it'll cruse on the highway no problem at 80+ I've had the speedo needle pointing straight down a few times, but the handling goes to hell around there and I'd be afraid of what would happen if I had to make evasive maneuvers at that speed so I don't do it often.

WebMonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
the flying turd is so quick it gets to where i'm going before i can even crank the ignition.

(i gave up the quickness when i sold my honda 919)

:(

794spdcustom

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Big 10
Engine Size
3546 alt. 64degree F no spin but I feel it was running out of gas in the top end and have a new fuel pump coming to replace the original.
3546 alt. 64degree F no spin but I feel it was running out of gas in the top end and have a new fuel pump coming to replace the original.
Nice truck, Looks like Castrol Raceway?, That track is right around 2300ft above sea level, used to race there for years

TX87R10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
All of my neighbors and the people commuting to work probably wish I would see if my truck can run faster but for me I like to take it easy on the truck and see how long she can hold together. I get passed a lot.

I have a car made for speed I use when I need to get around faster :)

WesN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Nice truck, Looks like Castrol Raceway?, That track is right around 2300ft above sea level, used to race there for years

Good eye. Castrol Raceway now has the race timing slip on an app and it includes weather stats and calculated altitude. Kind of neat but I am old school and like the paper slips.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK