How is everyone making their wiring look not a mess under the hood.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I did loom as well. And a lot of time making sure wires would reach where they needed to go without stretching or making them longer.

You must be registered for see images attach
i like t he anonidized blue you got going on there for the pcv, breather, and air cleaner, and valve coves. Have you considered doing the aluminum brackets that way to for the accessories?

Also, I would like an explanation of everything in this photo. YOu got my attention lol.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
i like t he anonidized blue you got going on there for the pcv, breather, and air cleaner, and valve coves. Have you considered doing the aluminum brackets that way to for the accessories?

Also, I would like an explanation of everything in this photo. YOu got my attention lol.
Thanks! The color of those match the truck:

I haven't thought about changing the aluminum but it would probably look good. But since I am already over budget by about $10k, it'll have to stay blue.

What else do you need an explaination on?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Thanks! The color of those match the truck:

I haven't thought about changing the aluminum but it would probably look good. But since I am already over budget by about $10k, it'll have to stay blue.

What else do you need an explaination on?
No i mean like, you can make them match. they are aluminum yes? You can get them annondized the same shade. I think that would make them pop just righti would like to know whwat your accessories up front are

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I did loom as well. And a lot of time making sure wires would reach where they needed to go without stretching or making them longer.

also your brake booster charcoal filter is not oriented properly , it has to be vertical for it to do its job.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
No i mean like, you can make them match. they are aluminum yes? You can get them annondized the same shade. I think that would make them pop just righti would like to know whwat your accessories up front are
I could get them done but I'm over putting more $$ into it for now.

The kit is from CVF and is the 350-WRAPTOR-AC. Comes with everything (AC, Power steering, alternator) and all pullies.
also your brake booster charcoal filter is not oriented properly , it has to be vertical for it to do its job.

Are you talking about the ball thing? I haven't had any issues and it's in the same orientation as when I got the truck.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

The kit is from CVF and is the 350-WRAPTOR-AC. Comes with everything (AC, Power steering, alternator) and all pullies.

Are you talking about the ball thing? I haven't had any issues and it's in the same orientation as when I got the truck.
this is how its supposed to be mounted

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

which ps pump option did you take, extrnal reservoir, attached, or saginaw ?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I stuck with the saginaw so my hoses would work.
to be fair if you ever want to do the saginaw AND have remote reservoir, you can replace the ham can with another reservoir and pipe it to another reservoir. The TC(Type II) pumps that would have been under either of the other 2 options is a nice pump but slightly louder and need to run at a higher RPM for the same flow/pressure

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I used the split mesh loom as well. Purchased the non split by accident first and it was unusable. Don't mind the loose wires under the wiper pump...I'm almost done wiring the alarm system. Still looking to clean up the engine bay by rerouting the battery lines and maybe some less crusty brake lines. If anyone has advice on how to route the fuel line I'm all ears....I routed it up and over the back of the engine as I was a little concerned of the line getting crushed and igniting in a collision. Then it goes to 3 inches of soft line, then a barbed quick disconnect to the fuel rail.

I just ran mine down right off the back of the intake fuel line and down the firewall, wrapped in heat shield. I used -6 braided line and AN fittings. But mine is an '85 so the tank is on the driver's side. For you, I'd suggest running it down the back of the engine to the lip on the firewall and running along that until you get to the pass frame rail to go down to the tank

Copymutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Stock 74 k20 w/ 350.
Compared to almost anything else there’s not a lot of bay clutter in these trucks. That said I’ve gone to great lengths on my 55 to minimize every connective run including hoses.
Biggest benefit was to custom rewire and bundle heater hoses and wires under the inner fender. Only visible is a short loomed run on each side of the block and a short run from the rear of the inner fender to heater ports. Temp senders near the tstat run in bent brake line fastened to run along the intake/head mating seam. Lots of room under the radiator top support.

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Sierra C15 | Silverado Z71
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
Stock 74 k20 w/ 350.
Compared to almost anything else there’s not a lot of bay clutter in these trucks. That said I’ve gone to great lengths on my 55 to minimize every connective run including hoses.
Biggest benefit was to custom rewire and bundle heater hoses and wires under the inner fender. Only visible is a short loomed run on each side of the block and a short run from the rear of the inner fender to heater ports. Temp senders near the tstat run in bent brake line fastened to run along the intake/head mating seam. Lots of room under the radiator top support.
Sounds pretty cool. Any pictures?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag