How do I know if I have HEI, and if I don't have it, should I upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Intelligent people spend the 30 seconds to search Google for their answer. Crayon eaters ask for their answers to be spoon fed to them, and then act immaturely; and toss insults at other more knowledgeable posters that don't answer their silly questions.

What's your favorite color to eat???
I was told if you melt down the red one and shoot it up in your arm, you get high
[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Google search: "HEI cap"

Result:
You must be registered for see images attach

Google search: "Not HEI cap"

Result:

That took me under 30 seconds. You have the balls to insult CSFJ??? Pathetic....

I came back to see how things were going on the site. I guess I haven't been missing much, since it's oviously still overrun with crayon eaters that can't do a basic search for themself.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Google search: "HEI cap"

Result:

Google search: "Not HEI cap"

Result:

That took me under 30 seconds. You have the balls to insult CSFJ??? Pathetic....

I came back to see how things were going on the site. I guess I haven't been missing much, since it's oviously still overrun with crayon eaters that can't do a basic search for themself.
Not really it's been good for a while. This guy took 64 posts before he fell.

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Cheyenne Camper Special, C30 Crew Cab Dualy
Engine Size
350, 496
Asking questions, and making sure I'm getting something right so I don't cause damage doesn't make me slow. Intelligent people ask questions and aren't afraid to learn. Insecure idiots do the opposite of that, or try to belittle those that are asking questions.

Get a life and move on from my thread. You have offered no help at all, and instead have stunk it up.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

LMAO. This post is great. Dude, vbb199 laid it out for you real nice but you obviously didnt read or chose not to listen to what he was saying. I have asked some stupid questions in my time and I will probably ask some more so I try to be understanding of people like you. But you sir need to get the stick out of your ass and just listen. Dont you know that some people just like to talk ****? Its almost like a currency on forums. Especially when you are asking something that is pretty basic. You will get your question answered. Just dont throw a fit if someone that can answer your question wants to have a little fun first.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
LMAO. This post is great. Dude, vbb199 laid it out for you real nice but you obviously didnt read or chose not to listen to what he was saying. I have asked some stupid questions in my time and I will probably ask some more so I try to be understanding of people like you. But you sir need to get the stick out of your ass and just listen. Dont you know that some people just like to talk ****? Its almost like a currency on forums. Especially when you are asking something that is pretty basic. You will get your question answered. Just dont throw a fit if someone that can answer your question wants to have a little fun first.
EXACTLY!
He worded it right on.
Better than me.
People Like to have a little fun before they answer.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
EXACTLY!
He worded it right on.
Better than me.
People Like to have a little fun before they answer.

Pretty much. A forum without any fun or **** flicking is about as boring and useful as Wikipedia answers. With about the same level of incorrect ******** because no one wants to offend anyone else by saying they are wrong. This forum is fantastic and has saved my ass many times, which I've always apperiated, **** flicking included.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Pretty much. A forum without any fun or **** flicking is about as boring and useful as Wikipedia answers. With about the same level of incorrect ******** because no one wants to offend anyone else by saying they are wrong. This forum is fantastic and has saved my ass many times, which I've always apperiated, **** flicking included.
I learned something new myself today, that 75+ used hei

Except the 88-91 obviously.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Soooo, besides possibly the color.... What's the difference? Just fishing?

Power voltage throughput is the largest difference. The design difference of an HEI also has substantial benefits over a points type. Reliability and simplicity being the biggest benefits.

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 496

Same. Very good to know. Thanks to everyone for all the info!

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Power voltage throughput is the largest difference. The design difference of an HEI also has substantial benefits over a points type. Reliability and simplicity being the biggest benefits.

I know this... I was just fishing from MisterB to tell me the difference between the aftermarket HEI and factory looks. But I may never know his thoughts. I feel empty inside. Lost even.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205

Here's something else you'll learn today, 1987 didn't have and HEI either, unless it was possibly an '87 motor home running an '86 chassis.
:beatdeadhorse5:

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 496
Can anyone tell me what the displacement of a 454 is?

Wow, thats a great question. If I remember 8th grade science class right, you can fill a tub with water and then put the engine in the tub and measure how much the water goes up. Just make sure you post pics.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Wow, thats a great question. If I remember 8th grade science class right, you can fill a tub with water and then put the engine in the tub and measure how much the water goes up. Just make sure you post pics.
I gonna need to see you in the tub, with the said 454, if that's ok

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77MarshallR