How do I know if I have HEI, and if I don't have it, should I upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I like Standard Blue Streak Cap, Rotors, and Coils. AC Delco Parts quality isn't what it used to be.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Have you ever used the Pertronix D4002 Flame-Thrower Blue HEI Distributor Cap and Rotor ??

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
If I called you a white trash piece of **** to your face, and I saw it bothered you, I'd repeatedly keep doing it, until you swung a fist at me, which in turn would also be exciting for me.

Here over the internet, you're gonna receive a hefty flaming for asking alot of questions over and over.

Again, I'm not trying to ****** with you, but it's just that "unspoken rule" lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Just going through this thread again, and this post was just flat out awesome! L.M.A.O..... You, young gentleman (I'm twice your age), have quite the realistic grasp on life. It's quite refreshing to see that (although very rare now), in our youth. ("Youth" is not ment to be even slightly derogatory!). I wish I still could be called that..... Lol.

Great post. You're gonna go far in life. Just IMHO, but I know almost as much as @shiftpro .....

:anitoof:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Just going through this thread again, and this post was just flat out awesome! L.M.A.O..... You, young gentleman (I'm twice your age), have quite the realistic grasp on life. It's quite refreshing to see that (although very rare now), in our youth. ("Youth" is not ment to be even slightly derogatory!). I wish I still could be called that..... Lol.

Great post. You're gonna go far in life. Just IMHO, but I know almost as much as @shiftpro .....

:anitoof:
Well that makes me feel all fuzzy inside as a 25 year old man, lol

Chevyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 Litre
Have you ever used the Pertronix D4002 Flame-Thrower Blue HEI Distributor Cap and Rotor ??
I haven't but I've heard of them. I've always had real good luck with Blue Streak ignition parts.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Not so fast there professor. The amount of misinformation available on the interwebz is overwhelming. Also being able to copy and paste does not prove you know anything.

And to answer your question...burnt sienna.
Come on now. Did I profess to be all-knowing??? Lol. You know, I was curious about all of this, and asked my 20 Y.O. daughter (who has not worked on a car one time in her whole life); what a HEI distributor looks like. Umm, it took her under a minute to show me. Misinformation about that, on the internet??? Nah. No way. There's no fake news on that subject. That's crazy to even suggest that.

Edit: I asked the neighbors kid, and he said the burnt sienna taste like wax. He likes the
granny smith apple ones, but they only come in the 120 count box.

BTW- @Dutch Rutter , I have to apologize. I owe you a few beers. Things have been kinda crazy around here lately. I'll pm you my new number....

Last edited:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Come on now. Did I profess to be all-knowing??? Lol. You know, I was curious about all of this, and asked my 20 Y.O. daughter (who has not worked on a car one time in her whole life); what a HEI distributor looks like. Umm, it took her under a minute to show me. Misinformation about that, on the internet??? Nah. No way. There's no fake news on that subject. That's crazy to even suggest that.

Edit: I asked the neighbors kid, and he said the burnt sienna taste like wax. He likes the

BTW- @Dutch Rutter , I have to apologize. I owe you a few beers. Things have been kinda crazy around here lately. I'll pm you my new number....
Purple = grape
Yellow = banana
Orange = oranges
Blue = blueberries

Red= hei distributor

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Purple = grape
Yellow = banana
Orange = oranges
Blue = blueberries

Red= hei distributor

What does brown taste like?

Lol

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305

Granny Smith crayons? Sounds like hipster ****.

Oh and I'll have to call the trophy place and see if they have any of those disappointing dad awards for you. For not teaching your kid anything about cars except how to Google **** they dont know **** about. A wrench will fit in many hands. Even a girl holding a phone can hold a wrench. ;)

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Granny Smith crayons? Sounds like hipster ****.

Oh and I'll have to call the trophy place and see if they have any of those disappointing dad awards for you. For not teaching your kid anything about cars except how to Google **** they dont know **** about. A wrench will fit in many hands. Even a girl holding a phone can hold a wrench. ;)
I've been a master mechanic/master paint and bodyman/shop forman/repair shop owner for over 25 years. The last thing I am going to do, is have my kids follow in my footsteps. Take your troll **** elsewhere. You're wasting my time....

BYE, BYE!!!!

LMAO....

Nice try buddy.

Last edited:

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Wow, thats a great question. If I remember 8th grade science class right, you can fill a tub with water and then put the engine in the tub and measure how much the water goes up. Just make sure you post pics.

Wouldn't ****** fit.... stupid ass idea anyway.
Now I can't even get the ********** out of the bathroom... thanks for nothing.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I've been a master mechanic/master paint and bodyman/shop forman/repair shop owner for over 25 years. The last thing I am going to do, is have my kids follow in my footsteps. Take your troll **** elsewhere. You're wasting my time....

BYE, BYE!!!!

LMAO....

Nice try buddy.
Because of what? Troll ****? Haha. Whatever man your girl can be left on the side of the road for all I give a **** and your high and mighty attitude will be all that's left to help her...even if you don't let her touch your tools.

Bonus points for missing the ******* point though.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
7.44 L for your non-american ass.....

(Lol. J/K)

Edit: Should I have written that in French???

I don't know any French but I'll bang a French chick. My mom's side is French... 11 of the ****** frogs.. too many. They are all dead now except for Uncle Paul, and he is way cool. He's in his 80s.

I do in fact speak Portugese... life can be stranger than fiction let me tell ya.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
This site really needs dork every now and then. Pulls us together.