Holley carb dry rotting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WVscottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
350 bored .040 over
Has anyone ever seen a Holley 4150 flake apart from the inside out. I started having running issues, so I took fuel bowl off to check for trash inside and found that the metal was flaking apart like it was dryrot. The running issue was an internal vac leak. With the cracks I was getting manifold vacuum out of my metered port. I called Holley and they said it could have been a bad casting. Also inside some of the cracks was a white build up like calcium does to a water heater. Also has anyone run the street avenger 670 Cfm on their trucks I had a 650 double pumper

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
sounds like moisture has been getting in the fuel bowl for a long time. The cracks only sped up the process.

The first Holley I had on my 66 Merc was like that. I never found any cracks but it was trash.

WVscottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
350 bored .040 over
It is flaking off. Thinking it may be the ethanol in the gas. Got my new one to nite will install tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamenobueno