Help with cab corner fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shields

Reaction score
First Name
Dayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Calling out to everyone who has tangled with sub-par replacement panels.

I am replacing the passenger side cab corner and it is giving me a headache.

You can see in the 2 photos that I have uploaded that the cab corner appears to be wider than original by about 3/16.

If I line up the cab corner then the body line next to the door is off, and if I line up the body line next to the door then the cab corner itself is off.

I replaced the driver side cab corner with the same brand panel and it was nearly a perfect match but this side seems to be way off.

I think my only option is to cut out a strip on the face of the cab corner and then weld it back together, but I am not a great welder and I am running a flux core welder so the less stitching I have to do the better the outcome.

I am not sure what brand cab corner this is but I have a different set of Goodmark corners that I tried for fitment and they were just as bad if not worse.

Does anybody have an alternative remedy for this issue?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dhenderz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Had the same issue when restoring my cab. These parts aren't always the most accurate, even from left side to right side. It is also possible you somehow ended up with a 'slip on' corner vs replacement corner. They are slightly larger in order to fit over the top of the existing corner.

Regardless, that doesn't solve your immediate problem. If I were you (and what I did do), I would pie cut the forward edge as shown below. Bring the bottom of the pie down as far as you need - ie: until the point where the corner fits properly. Then just pull the 90deg bent flange backwards to meet the cab & pie cut. Stitch weld it back together, a little filler and your're good to go.

Josh Helm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
5.7 vortec
I'll second the pie cut ... mine weren't to bad ... but thats where getting best panels you can get to start helps but... there s always mods to do

Shields

Reaction score
First Name
Dayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Had the same issue when restoring my cab. These parts aren't always the most accurate, even from left side to right side. It is also possible you somehow ended up with a 'slip on' corner vs replacement corner. They are slightly larger in order to fit over the top of the existing corner.

Regardless, that doesn't solve your immediate problem. If I were you (and what I did do), I would pie cut the forward edge as shown below. Bring the bottom of the pie down as far as you need - ie: until the point where the corner fits properly. Then just pull the 90deg bent flange backwards to meet the cab & pie cut. Stitch weld it back together, a little filler and your're good to go.

Thank you for the speedy reply, I think you might have just solved this dilemma for me.

How did the pie-cut method turn out for you?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyHansen