hei distributor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Carrying a spare module, that takes a screwdriver and 15min to change, is a lot different than carrying a spare fuel pump that normally requires dropping the tank. I carry fluids, some basic tools, and easy to repair, likely to break parts - module, cap, rotor, rad hoses, relays for my headlights, headlight bulbs, a couple plug wires. Just the things that might leave me stranded or are a safety issue that are a quick roadside fix. I don't carry every TBI sensor, as most won't prevent me from getting home.

vintovka

Reaction score
First Name
vin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
FWIW, I purchased this distributor for $83 based on the good reviews but wouldn't recommend it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TB5KGNX/ The wire connections are cheap and fit rather loosely. I wish I would have bought a better one but it works for now, especially after new springs.
This is what i have. The HEI module lasted about 1000 miles and quit leaving me stranded. Had it replaced with an echlin (?) from NAPA. We will see. FWIW the latter came with the heat sink paste which was a surprise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay Don