HEI Distributer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
I want to upgrade my distributer on my truck, reason being I currently have one that is from the 1990s. I've been looking at one on EBAY, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Block-C...ash=item2c7154954c:g:wO0AAOSw3ydVn-qH&vxp=mtr
was wondering if anybody here is running one. And if not, being that the distributer has a taller coil area, will it clear the fire wall on my 86?
You must be registered for see images attach

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I want to upgrade my distributer on my truck, reason being I currently have one that is from the 1990s. I've been looking at one on EBAY, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Block-C...ash=item2c7154954c:g:wO0AAOSw3ydVn-qH&vxp=mtr
was wondering if anybody here is running one. And if not, being that the distributer has a taller coil area, will it clear the fire wall on my 86?

I sure hope so. My brother's putting that exact same distributor in his '82 K10.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
The one you posted is for a bib block. Your info on the left says 5.7, thought I'd mention. Looks like the one I got from Skip White. I checked his website and I dont see a red model specific to chevy 350. Will an olds work? Might call them. They shipped it overnight and I paid a total of $49.

I've been running it since April time frame with no issues installing or running. Careful setting the timing though, put your hand on the top while it's running and you'll feel it every time LOL. No idea if this is normal or not.

http://www.skipwhiteperformance.com/listview.aspx?Product=A&Sub=A

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Small Block, big block the same, caps come in different colors even clear main thing you want is brass contacts. I got that same one from HCR and I have one from Skip White, both very similar but Skip White seems better quality and came with a better curve, if I get another one I'll get go with Skip White. Just my personal opinion..

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Ran two of them on different trucks. First one the vacuum advanced was way off, but no real issue.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well, every application is different so they all have to be tuned to each individual one, no big deal..

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Thanks for the replies guys, Im gonna go ahead and order one of those suckers. They seem to be pretty stout at 65,000 volts, and better looking. The online reviews arent bad either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD