HEI spring bushing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey, quick question if anyone happens to be surfing this morning and runs by this with an answer-

The spring/bushing that sits below the coil in an HEI distributor, well, mine cracked. The top part just kind of cracked and fell off.

I have another one- I don’t remember ever having a problem with one, nor do I remember putting dielectric grease on them when I was a kid. Is that a bad idea? I know that little part likely deals with some heat and was thinking it might help it survive a little longer.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I've seen them with (light smear) and without. Couldn't tell you if it helps or hurts.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've seen them with (light smear) and without. Couldn't tell you if it helps or hurts.
That’s what I figured. Tired of junk parts though- new cap arrived with a broken lug terminal, and the carbon bushing was already broken just like mine when I opened the box this morning. So I went to Auto Zone and just picked up a MSD cap. Comes with both a low resistance and regular carbon bushing and all the trimmings for 20 bucks more than the piece of junk that showed up in the mail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag