Hazard flasher and brake light interaction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Here's my question, and I'm sure I can come up with an idea on my own, but if anyone knows a good solution off hand that would be great. As you know if your driving with the hazard flashers on as soon as you press the brakes the flashers stop flashing and the brake lights come on, which as you also know in most vehicles the hazard lights will continue to flash even when the brakes are pressed. I'd like to get my truck to do that. The main reason is most of the time when I'm running my hazards it's because I need to let drivers know I'm doing something not normal and brake lights don't tell them that. For example when I have my trailer up at my parents and I'm backing it into their driveway. Be nice to get the hazard lights to run while I've got my foot on the brake backing up slowly.

The simple solution I suppose would be a toggle switch to turn the brake lights off, but that could be a bad move if I forgot to flip it back on a knocked it into the off position inadvertently.

Got an idea? Thanks.

Last edited:

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Instead of a switch to shut off your break light switch run a relay that kills the brake switch when the Hazzard button is on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76