H4 bulb headlight conversion problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Well, today I put these euro clear glass headlights on my 86 silverado(dual headlight setup), everything pluged right in with the original connectors. Went to fire them up and the two top lights are on high beam when they should be on low beam, bottom two lights come on high when they should, but along with the top two on low beam. My high beam indicator light stays lit weather its on high or low. Can't figure it out yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :wtf:

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Couple of schematics that may help:

This is for the 2 headlight system. I think I have the quad schem someplace....

You must be registered for see images attach

I bet the Euro lamps are internally different. Just try combinations.

I am currently converting a 1986 base Sierra to a Sierra Classic and as part of that process the dual H/L's have to be changed to quads. I am doing that this week, so I had to figure out the wiring modifications anyway.

Quad wiring in the engine compartment:

Just as guidance (Thanks to Mr. RetroC10Sport for confirming this);

Although it may see counter-intuitive, the dual wattage sealed beam (60/40) goes in the upper bucket and the single wattage (50) sealed beam goes in the lower.

When the low beams are selected: Just the top 2 are lit - using only the 40 watt filament

When you shift up to highs: the tops go to their high wattage filamaments (60). Also, only then do the lower two sealed beams get powered up at their fixed wattage (50).

Lows:

Highs:

Here is the quad H/L schematic - finally:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member