Good trailer Hitch Receiver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rt66paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Truck Year
1991 suburban
Truck Model
Engine Size
You might consider beefing the brackets holding the bumper before you put a full weight trailer on it. I have seen brackets crack and that is a potential CF situation.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Those FEY bumpers always used to come with their own brackets to mount them, or at least a required install kit. So if those were used for the install, it should be fine.

FEY also used to sell a drop center bumper rated for 10K.

Encinoman45

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
If your bumper hitch has the rating you need, I would not try adding a receiver hitch underneath. Even in the original GM documentation it has warnings about not being able to install the spare tire if you have certain receiver hitches. My spare barely fits up inside my receiver hitch, and its a real PIA to get the tire in and out, and keep it clear of the exhaust pipes.

Bruce

Good point. I'll just go with this bumper hitch. Its more than adequate for my needs.

Encinoman45

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Those FEY bumpers always used to come with their own brackets to mount them, or at least a required install kit. So if those were used for the install, it should be fine.

FEY also used to sell a drop center bumper rated for 10K.

It looks like it is mounted up with their own brackets. Looks pretty sturdy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76