Glass weatherstripping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucata206

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Does anyone have experience with installing the weatherstripping around the roll up windows? The weatherstripping on both the drivers side and passenger side doors on my 79 are shredded and falling out when I roll my windows down.

Is this weatherstripping easy to install? Was going to get the full weatherstrip kit from LMC, but didn't know what I was getting into. Right now I can't get my drivers window all the way up because one of the broken pieces is jamming the window.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I can't say how it will go with the aftermarket weatherstripping. But the install is easy if it fits properly. Just roll the window down and remove the door panel, then remove the old and install the new. Install the front part of the strip first, then the upper and rear portion.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have installed them before without removing the door panel. Pull the old one out and push the new one in. Some soapy water helped it to slide in

bucata206

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Great thank you!

carnation831

Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I got the Precision weatherstrip kit from Auto Parts warehouse. I think it's cheaper than lmc and free shipping. The kit fits well and Precision has some installation videos in YouTube

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I picked mine up from Classic Parts. It wasn't all that hard to do. Just took some time to install everything since I swapped out the weatherstripping for the vent window at the same time. Can definitely tell its much better than the original seals.

bucata206

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Awesome thanks guys!

Truckbuild

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 4x4
Engine Size
I picked mine up from Classic Parts. It wasn't all that hard to do. Just took some time to install everything since I swapped out the weatherstripping for the vent window at the same time. Can definitely tell its much better than the original seals.

Can i ask how your new weatherstripping is holding up at this point? I bought complete sets for both doors from LMC, & 6 months later the wing window seals were cracked worse than the originals they replaced.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Yeah, that sounds about right.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Can i ask how your new weatherstripping is holding up at this point? I bought complete sets for both doors from LMC, & 6 months later the wing window seals were cracked worse than the originals they replaced.

They don't fit absolutely perfect, but they've been pretty good. Haven't had any cracking yet and they've been on for a good while.

I'll snag some photos for you tomorrow.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E

I did a full seal replacement (vent windows, door seal, window scrapers and channel, etc). on my 84' from Classic Parts about 4 years ago. They were still perfect when I sold it 2 months ago, after 4 years of Texas heat and sun beating down on them 24/7.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Classic Parts rules - and they should not be confused with Classic Industries, Classic Parts USA, or any of the other */Classic/* sites.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over

They've held up very well thus far. Only issue I had was the seals at the bottom of the window had different clips than OEM. Had to trim the plastic door panel to allow the weather strip to seat properly.

You must be registered for see images attach

Truckbuild

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 4x4
Engine Size
First of all, I apologize to the OP for hijacking his thread. Second, thank you to all who replied to my question. Glad to know who has quality stuff, so i dont have to trial & error through multiple brands. Weatherstripping is not cheap enough to do that very much!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan87r10