Getting rid of old gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buck69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
D30 CUCV
Engine Size
6.2 (removed)
The bulk plants up here take it for a reasonable charge.
Have you tried there?

Finkaire

Finkaire
Reaction score
First Name
Loren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado c10
Engine Size
Weed killer?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
seafoam and lawnmower or weedeater

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Run it in a daily diver a gallon or 2 at a time to dilute it. I've actually let it evaporate before lol
^^^^ This

And I’ll add I’ve mixed it equal parts with diesel oil and used motor oil for starting fires in the shop stove. The old gas gives the mixture just enough kick to light easily while also burning hot and long to get wet firewood going

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yep, the other day I emptied out 5 gallons of unleaded shellack from a rusty gas tank into one of those empty square kitty litter buckets.
It looks like Bourbon. I'll drop engine parts into it for a soak and it will become a parts cleaner.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Either use it for washing greasy parts, or weed killer.

drumvirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-30
Engine Size
I run a couple of glurgs mixed fresh gas in my IC engine on my wood splitter. Nary a problem. But anything else is extremely risky folks. Ever heard a child having to get her burnt skin peeled off at the hospital? I have. Hard to even mention it. Don't want to hear of anybody here gettin hurt, or their family, property, or squarebody. Gasoline vapors are 3X heavier than air. Read the quote below from the following site:

Gases and vapors that are heavier than air will flow downhill and gather in pits, against dikes or walls, in swales, and in other low-lying, partially enclosed areas. When they accumulate, they can create hazards. Pay attention to the vapor density of any chemicals in your facility that:
  • Are combustible, flammable, or explosive. When these chemicals flow into low-lying areas, they can collect in sufficient concentrations to form a combustible, flammable, or explosive mixture. They can also travel along the ground to a source of ignition and “flash back” to where they originated.

Rebus

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Run it in a daily diver a gallon or 2 at a time to dilute it...
You can get away with that easily in a carbureted engine in the summertime but I wouldn't do it with fuel injectors. It can gum them up pretty quickly.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You can get away with that easily in a carbureted engine in the summertime but I wouldn't do it with fuel injectors. It can gum them up pretty quickly.
Ya, and the definition of “old” doesn’t have very succinct parameters…
6-9mo old and just smells like stale fuel, goes in my company truck gas tank, lol.
Looks like “bourbon” and smells like paint thinner like mentioned above = weed killer or toss it on a pile of yard waste and light it off.

ulm4lyf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande 15
Engine Size
I always feed it to the multiple fire ant mounds on my property. That'll teach the lil boogers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84