Further VIN questions. all chassis VINs just partials?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordi

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks for all the help on my other posts guys, really appreciate it.

I have had a search through the forum for VIN locations and now know where to look on the chassis but all the examples given are just partials.

Is the complete VIN not stamped on the chassis?

Ideally i need it to tell me if its a K or a C series but all the images i’ve seen don’t have this just the last 9 (i think) digits.

I know it’s obvious if its 4wd or rwd but i may need proof that its a factory original 4wd chassis to insure it.

Thanks
Jordi

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Not complete usually only includes a prefix letter or 2 and sequential numbers. Having a towing co had to ID vehicles to dispose of them. We contacted the State Patrol. It was very rare that they were unable to fabricate a complete VIN from the partial. Might try local law enforcement or inspection lane.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Thanks for all the help on my other posts guys, really appreciate it.

I have had a search through the forum for VIN locations and now know where to look on the chassis but all the examples given are just partials.

Is the complete VIN not stamped on the chassis?

Ideally i need it to tell me if its a K or a C series but all the images i’ve seen don’t have this just the last 9 (i think) digits.

I know it’s obvious if its 4wd or rwd but i may need proof that its a factory original 4wd chassis to insure it.

Thanks
Jordi
Are you reconstructing it from parts? Is the actual titled VIN not a 4wd? Usually the partial is only there to show that it matches the full VIN on the dashboard or the inside of the door jam.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
How would law enforcement prove ID on a vehicle with missing tags? There should be some procedure to do it or is the vehicle seized and crushed? Obviously, it couldn't be licensed.

Jordi

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Its for sale in the UK but the VIN on the documents is for a C10 but its 4wd.

Its been like that since it was imported. Presume it had a body swap in the USA before being brought over.

hendo78

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If it's a factory k series frame the leaf spring perches will be riveted to the frame whereas a converted c10 frame will have welded on perches. I believe all c10 front suspension were coil springs and k10 were leaf springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe