Have i decoded this VIN correctly????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordi

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
@Jordi I am curious as to when squarebodys landed in the UK. Have American cars always been imported to Europe or maybe just the UK? I am really wondering. I feel like it is just a recent thing, last couple decades???
This one was imported in 85 according to my registration docs, so was pretty new when it arrived. I have no idea when all the modifications were done.

No LHD American vehicles were imported in any great quantity as for a multitude of reasons they aren’t very practical over here.

There are small scale importers who bring collectible or sellable items over and Dodge / Ram have a few authorised dealers.

The small scale importing has been done for decades and a lot of it is to order or done independently by people wanting specific American vehicles.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Thank you very much. The title says 1981 c10. I am looking into getting new leaf springs, but apparently they differ before and after 1973.
If the wheel base of the current frame is the same as the original one (do you have you SPID label by chance?) then the leafs should be the same

Jordi

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Nope. Those are K30 axles. Well, to be more accurate the front is a K30 axle. The rear could be a K20 14 bolt or a K30 14 bolt. If you measure spring pad to spring pad on the rear you'll know whether it's a K10/20 frame or a K30 frame. One tons had the springs closer together. K10/K20 rear spring pads are 42.5 from center to center. K30 would be 40.5 center to center.
Just to confirm this, my wife works in the warehouse this is stored in, so i need to explain how to measure and don’t want any mix up between American or English terminology.

If i ask my wife to measure the width from spring centre to spring centre along the length of the axle tube this will give me an almost definite answer if it’s a K10/20 or K30 chassis?

You must be registered for see images attach

Apologies for the crude diagram but is this correct?

Thanks.

RaisedK5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Just to confirm this, my wife works in the warehouse this is stored in, so i need to explain how to measure and don’t want any mix up between American or English terminology.

If i ask my wife to measure the width from spring centre to spring centre along the length of the axle tube this will give me an almost definite answer if it’s a K10/20 or K30 chassis?

Thanks.
That's exactly right.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8

Thanks.
Oh Jesus lord the damn metric system!!!

Jordi

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
passed the details onto my wife but I did not say what the measurement should be.

“Measured as best I can, 41.5inchs”

Bang on in the middle, presuming it’s 40.5 as she did say 42.5 went either side of the springs.

pkiller

Reaction score
First Name
james
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
My phone is on and off with reception. Anyways, miss aurora girl I apologize this is the third time I have tried to send this. You are awesome thank so much.

pkiller

Reaction score
First Name
james
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I am new obviously but don’t want to piss people off, so tell me if I need to post this elsewhere. My trucks frame, thank you AuroraGirl, is a 1979 short bed (k10), I bought the rear leaf spring bracket but cannot seem to get the name of the piece that’s attached to it mounted under the frame rail. An help is definitely appreciated.

Jordi

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I am new obviously but don’t want to piss people off, so tell me if I need to post this elsewhere. My trucks frame, thank you AuroraGirl, is a 1979 short bed (k10), I bought the rear leaf spring bracket but cannot seem to get the name of the piece that’s attached to it mounted under the frame rail. An help is definitely appreciated.
Yes, you have hijacked my thread about a frankensten truck i’m trying to identify.

Please start your own thread to deal with your specific issue.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag