Front Brake hose stamped nut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Anyone know where to buy one? One of mine gave way and is shot. They didn’t include them when I purchased the new hoses. Hell, even if I could get some kind of a clip, I imagine that might suffice as it’s not a high stress item. Another thread referred to them as a 15/16”, someone must sell them. Thanks in advance.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
15/16 is what size wrench I had to use the other day to fit the one on my truck. You may be able to use a washer and thin nut that’ll fit the thread on the rubber brake line. Might get you out of a bind until you find the correct one.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
If you have your old one still take it to the hardware store an you can get a regular nut to replace it. I've done it in the past but can't recall the thread size.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If you have your old one still take it to the hardware store a you can get a regular nut to replace it. I've done it in the past but can't recall the thread size.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. It’s pretty deteriorated, might have to get a brake hose from a store, take it down to the local Hardware Sales (they have a few aisles of nuts and bolt- it’s pretty awesome actually) then return the hose after I’m done.

I did some digging on the internet, someone posted that it was 5/8 fine thread. I’ll post whatever I find.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
15/16 is what size wrench I had to use the other day to fit the one on my truck. You may be able to use a washer and thin nut that’ll fit the thread on the rubber brake line. Might get you out of a bind until you find the correct one.
I believe the thread may be 9/16‐18. I ran into a similar issue recently with the parking brake cable.

HS

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I believe the thread may be 9/16‐18. I ran into a similar issue recently with the parking brake cable.

HS
Cool. I bought both 5/8 and 9/16. I’m out of time today, should have an answer tomorrow.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I still have one that's just hanging out, stuck forever dangling on the hard line lol. I put Wilwood braided stainless lines on and forgot to grab the one off the driver's side

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I still have one that's just hanging out, stuck forever dangling on the hard line lol. I put Wilwood braided stainless lines on and forgot to grab the one off the driver's side
Are you sure that I wasn’t there helping you? I’d have done the same :emotions33:

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

HS
Confirmed, is 5/8 fine thread. I just cut a notch in the nut, cleaned up the threads, and spun it on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad