Ford Trash Talk Thread lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
expert at building slow moving vehicles...
They have to be slow moving, so the one,or two, pushing can keep up....right?lol

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
After a quick search, it looks like the Freightliner FL70 was offered with a 12 valve Cummins too. However, medium duty Fords share a lot of the same parts as the 80-96 light duty pickups, so parts are far more cheap and abundant than the Freightliner. I've gone through 4 different door handles on my F700 lol.

Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
After a quick search, it looks like the Freightliner FL70 was offered with a 12 valve Cummins too. However, medium duty Fords share a lot of the same parts as the 80-96 light duty pickups, so parts are far more cheap and abundant than the Freightliner. I've gone through 4 different door handles on my F700 lol.
Remember what the factory keys use to have printed on them in those days? One side said "Ford" the other said "Family of fine cars" I use to love that when we'd get some POS Taurus or explorer in the shop with less than 100K on the clock and it's leaving parts behind. I use to like to slam the door and say "family of fine cars". We got a good laugh out of that stuff back then.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
How about these newer ecotech motors, that Ford decided did not need to have any kind of marks on the timing sprockets. Or key ways for the timing sprockets. Yup, a nightmare to deal with so much so that a lot of shops won't even touch that kind of work on those motors. WTG Ford, building a motor like that.....

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
How about these newer ecotech motors, that Ford decided did not need to have any kind of marks on the timing sprockets. Or key ways for the timing sprockets. Yup, a nightmare to deal with so much so that a lot of shops won't even touch that kind of work on those motors. WTG Ford, building a motor like that.....
My cousin bought him a used low miles 2017 F150 with the good ole 2.7 "eco-boom" in it. He only had the truck on the road a few weeks before having to return it to the dealer for warranty work. My cousin may have been foolish enough to buy a used eco-boost, but at least he was smart enough to get it under warranty.

The funny thing about the ecoboost, is that it is a very divisive engine. I've heard some talk about it like it's the best engine ever made, and I've heard others curse it for the engineering mess that it is.

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size

Dealers are supposed to stop selling new electric Mustangs and a whole bunch are being recalled "due to a potential safety defect that could cause the vehicles to become immobile."

I don't get it... every Ford has a potential to become immobile. :rotflmao:
I'm sure many ecoboost Mustang owners have also suffered from their car suddenly becoming immobile lol.

To be fair, GM issued a warning a about one of their fully electric cars, in regards to it's battery randomly exploding recently. Instead of issuing a recall immediately, they simply advised owners not to park too close to other vehicles.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
When I was 16, I went into a K-Mart looking for a new antenna for my Dad's Cherokee. No idea which one would work, I asked the auto parts manager, who showed me which one then said, "Remember one thing: there is universal, and then there is Ford. They not only have to do everything different, but find new ways to do it wrong."

LMAO

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
My cousin bought him a used low miles 2017 F150 with the good ole 2.7 "eco-boom" in it. He only had the truck on the road a few weeks before having to return it to the dealer for warranty work. My cousin may have been foolish enough to buy a used eco-boost, but at least he was smart enough to get it under warranty.

The funny thing about the ecoboost, is that it is a very divisive engine. I've heard some talk about it like it's the best engine ever made, and I've heard others curse it for the engineering mess that it is.
Eco-boom, I like that. Ya, I mean if I'm honest I see enough of them come and go though the shop, that don't have major problems, but when they do it's an expensive and difficult repair. I just feel as though those motors were not built to be repaired, and that's even compared to other modern engines. So for that reason alone you won't be seeing one in my drive way.

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
Eco-boom, I like that. Ya, I mean if I'm honest I see enough of them come and go though the shop, that don't have major problems, but when they do it's an expensive and difficult repair. I just feel as though those motors were not built to be repaired, and that's even compared to other modern engines. So for that reason alone you won't be seeing one in my drive way.
Remember, it's all part of the "everything is disposable" world we live in today.
And everybody knows we are all rich enough that no matter what we drive, we can afford to go out and buy a new one when it breaks.
(Sarcasm intended)

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Remember, it's all part of the "everything is disposable" world we live in today.
And everybody knows we are all rich enough that no matter what we drive, we can afford to go out and buy a new one when it breaks.
(Sarcasm intended)
Yes, all of that is so true. I think that is why I just keep my old stuff forever. Some of my old stuff is still very reliable too, but for me I can't throw it away and buy new the funding isn't there and I know you know what I'm talking about!

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Yes, all of that is so true. I think that is why I just keep my old stuff forever. Some of my old stuff is still very reliable too, but for me I can't throw it away and buy new the funding isn't there and I know you know what I'm talking about!

I've noticed this with smaller fwd passenger cars. They are assembled in a way that of which repairs are difficult. Full size pickups are a little more repair friendly, but fuel delivery systems are increasingly complex ever since the industry started straying away from TBI and switching to direct injection on their gas engines.

Also putting electronic actuator motors on every moving accessory is incredibly annoying. I very rarely had to worry about blend doors sticking on an older truck, and when it did happen, I knew it was the vacuum lines or vacuum switch. It's also infuriating when the electric seat motor breaks in the most uncomfortable driving position.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I've noticed this with smaller fwd passenger cars. They are assembled in a way that of which repairs are difficult. Full size pickups are a little more repair friendly, but fuel delivery systems are increasingly complex ever since the industry started straying away from TBI and switching to direct injection on their gas engines.

Also putting electronic actuator motors on every moving accessory is incredibly annoying. I very rarely had to worry about blend doors sticking on an older truck, and when it did happen, I knew it was the vacuum lines or vacuum switch. It's also infuriating when the electric seat motor breaks in the most uncomfortable driving position.
I agree with all of that, but I have no, absolute zero love for Ford pickups either. Doing a tune up on one of the Ford pickups built and the last 20 years or so , why does 1/2 or more of the engine have to be under the cowling? Breaking off a spark plug for the first time in a triton engine and now the hate is really on lol.

Since you mentioned seats, one of the things I really like, (keeping in mind I'm a bit on the chunky side these days). I'll go to get into one of these things at the shop and it looks the seat is back far enough. When I turn the key on, the seat starts moving forward, before I can find the seat control, my fat gut will be crushed into the steering wheel. That's always a good time lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakebr8k