Ford Trash Talk Thread lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Seeing how terrible the 6.4 is will make you realize a 6.0 isn't so bad, though that doesn't necessarily mean the 6.0 doesn't deserve the hate it gets. I'd trust an old gutless 6.9 or 7.3 IDI before I'd trust a 6.0 or 6.4.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My brother was a salesman at an Atlanta Ford dealership. It may have been the International 6.4 that was so bad. Ford sued them to try to get them to honor their warranties. Even International knew they built a dud and it cost Ford a bunch.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
"Same way I grew up thinking it was absurd to buy a used car with more than 100k on the clock." I didn't discover Japanese vehicles as you put it. I discovered being broke and making whatever car I had go lol
Oh me too, I just couldn't afford to buy a reasonable American car for cheap AND keep it on the road, where I could buy some turd of a J@p car for $300 and drive it for a year with nothing more than an oil change or two. I have always preferred GMs, but being broke most of my life I've never really been able to keep one as a daily because for my budget some lame J@p vehicle was always the only thing that ever fit both the budget and lifestyle.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Lol this may be why I always grew up thinking it was normal to change oil every 2,000 miles. As I got older I mainly heard 3-4k miles, but as a teen I always thought 2k was the magic number if you wanted your rig to live past 100k. Even now with synthetic stuff in modern cars I always cringe when I hear people talking about 7,500 or 10,000 miles. I'm sure it's fine, but IDK man new oil might not leave deposits and may not shear as bad, but it's still gotta get dirty from normal blowby and these TINY little filters that new cars use can't possibly filter much...
I think people are over-counting on the ability of their filter, to be honest. my first cars manual had the dreaded advice of SKIPPING the filter change under about every circumstance except stop n go and i was like, noo! early 90s gm ac delco filters had to undergo a lot of changes because they were poor quality and they were causing engines to die lol

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
A lady at church, being a Ford loving family, said that even Jesus probably drove a Ford. I said I know he did, as he never went more than 200 miles from home..... and he walked everywhere! The whole church laughed at that! Lol
I kinda feel bad for her, like, to worship a human made company as if it were godly, thats bad for the wallet and kinda a strange thing to think about lol

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Seeing how terrible the 6.4 is will make you realize a 6.0 isn't so bad, though that doesn't necessarily mean the 6.0 doesn't deserve the hate it gets. I'd trust an old gutless 6.9 or 7.3 IDI before I'd trust a 6.0 or 6.4.

Actually, I really loved the 6.0 Ford. It kept my bay full at the diesel shop I used to work at for many years. I often joke that the 6.0 paid for my house....LOL

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
"and even sometimes in the winter too"?? Lol

Winter is the least humid time of the year, thought that was darn near universal. Even up here when it's like 80-90% humidity in the summer, wintertime comes around and it gets so dry the nosebleeds and cracked hands start
What do you get for the lows in winter? Humidity.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Oh me too, I just couldn't afford to buy a reasonable American car for cheap AND keep it on the road, where I could buy some turd of a J@p car for $300 and drive it for a year with nothing more than an oil change or two. I have always preferred GMs, but being broke most of my life I've never really been able to keep one as a daily because for my budget some lame J@p vehicle was always the only thing that ever fit both the budget and lifestyle.
Shhhh, don't tell. I'm a split GM & Chrysler guy. When I was younger I always had to have a van, a big full size, and Dodge made the biggest. In those days did some camping and used the van, most stuff I needed to haul would fit inside. In the 90's I had a 77 standard length B200, and after that a 73 extended length sportman. I've owned a 84 Accord at one point a carbureted 1.? engine. Honestly it was a pile and never suited me.

Right now in the driveway / farm.
05 Chrysler T&C (this is the wife's ride, don't knock the minivan they sure are versatile).
1984 C20 (that's my main rig daily to the shop, farm work ect.)
1992 Dodge Dakota (use to be my main rig now it's only rarely used for farm work)
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee (was suppose to be my daily, but was bought not because I really like Jeep's but because it's large enough to fit 2 adults, and 2 great danes, and small enough we can tow it with the RV)
1977 Cadillac Fleetwood

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Shhhh, don't tell. I'm a split GM & Chrysler guy. When I was younger I always had to have a van, a big full size, and Dodge made the biggest. In those days did some camping and used the van, most stuff I needed to haul would fit inside. In the 90's I had a 77 standard length B200, and after that a 73 extended length sportman. I've owned a 84 Accord at one point a carbureted 1.? engine. Honestly it was a pile and never suited me.

Right now in the driveway / farm.
05 Chrysler T&C (this is the wife's ride, don't knock the minivan they sure are versatile).
1984 C20 (that's my main rig daily to the shop, farm work ect.)
1992 Dodge Dakota (use to be my main rig now it's only rarely used for farm work)
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee (was suppose to be my daily, but was bought not because I really like Jeep's but because it's large enough to fit 2 adults, and 2 great danes, and small enough we can tow it with the RV)
1977 Cadillac Fleetwood
Is the Cherokee a V8?

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I kinda feel bad for her, like, to worship a human made company as if it were godly, thats bad for the wallet and kinda a strange thing to think about lol
She knows I'm "unstable in all my ways".lol. As I drive GM, Ford, Dodge. I don't rmember exactly who brought Ford up but I said something derogatory about her Ford "Exploder" transmission blowing up. And that I pray for my Chevy that it wouldnt blow at 300k miles.(Hers blew at under 100k)Rofl. It was all in fun tho....

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
She knows I'm "unstable in all my ways".lol. As I drive GM, Ford, Dodge. I don't rmember exactly who brought Ford up but I said something derogatory about her Ford "Exploder" transmission blowing up. And that I pray for my Chevy that it wouldnt blow at 300k miles.(Hers blew at under 100k)Rofl. It was all in fun tho....
I've driven Ford, GM, Chrysler, and AMC products. In my experience, the Chrysler and AMC engines seem to run forever, but the rest of the car falls to pieces around them. My '98 Ram 1500 that I use for farm work is an absolute rattle trap now, but the old TBI 318 in it keeps going, no matter how oil or coolant is actually in it.

The Fords I have had seem to hold up when taken care of, but also had a tendency for stupid things to break like door handles or hvac selector valves. It also seems that every diesel after the IDI has some sort "Achilles heel" on it. Even the legendary 7.3 Powerstroke is one bad camshaft sensor away from leaving you in a bind.

GM trucks seem consistently solid for me, aside from suffering electrical issues with the various accessories, like guages not working right, power window motors/switches breaking, dual fuel tank systems not switching to the other tank etc.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
We've owned AMC also, body falls apart rolling down the road. Motors ran forever

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L

Navistar fixed most of the mistakes they made on the 6.0 when they designed the 6.4. Then they promptly piled a ton of new mistakes on it.

Ford compounded the problem by designing a vehicle where the cab was basically poured on top of the engine and allowed to harden.

The manual for 90% of the engine repairs starts with:

Step 1: Remove cab.

I'm surprised the warranties didn't bankrupt the truck division.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
What do you get for the lows in winter? Humidity.
I know inside the house is a lot worse due to using heat all the time in winter, but even outside I'd say it easily gets down around 20-25%. Not sure exactly, never really bothered checking the outside humidity levels in wintertime to be honest

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Navistar fixed most of the mistakes they made on the 6.0 when they designed the 6.4. Then they promptly piled a ton of new mistakes on it.

Ford compounded the problem by designing a vehicle where the cab was basically poured on top of the engine and allowed to harden.

The manual for 90% of the engine repairs starts with:

Step 1: Remove cab.

I'm surprised the warranties didn't bankrupt the truck division.

I got to the point that I could have the cab off in less than 2 hours. Some of the guys that really did a lot of them had it down to where they could be in the 1-1.5 hr range. It just made such a difference in trying to work on anything that it was worth the hassle. The most time consuming part was draining the coolant and disconnecting the AC lines. After that, it went quick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave