First Post 86 Suburban "Uncle Buck"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian Bonehill

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Hey folks, first time poster, long time follower.

I bought my first square body in October; 86 Suburban 350, 2wd. It has been mildly lowered with all the appropriate gear, spindles, c notch, springs, etc. The interior is basically BONE stock blue everything. Vinyl, cloth, carpet, you name it. I am in the process of mildly redoing the interior with some upgrades and a color change to light grey. I look forward to your help and assistance along my journey.

First issue i am stumped by. Has anyone had any of the seat bolts that go through the cab and in to the frame just "spin" Its not broken because the head and bolt can be felt spinning under the cab but it wont back out. I am trying to figure out how to get the seats out for sound deadening and carpet work.

Look forward to your responses.

Thanks!

Brian

Last edited:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Welcome from nc fellow burb owner.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

Brian Bonehill

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Grew up in Florida, went to college in Florida, ended up stationed in Florida for some time. Thanks!

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Hey folks, first time poster, long time follower.

I bought my first square body in October; 86 Suburban 350, 2wd. It has been mildly lowered with all the appropriate gear, spindles, c notch, springs, etc. The interior is basically BONE stock blue everything. Vinyl, cloth, carpet, you name it. I am in the process of mildly redoing the interior with some upgrades and a color change to light grey. I look forward to your help and assistance along my journey.

First issue i am stumped by. Has anyone had any of the seat bolts that go through the cab and in to the frame just "spin" Its not broken because the head and bolt can be felt spinning under the cab but it wont back out. I am trying to figure out how to get the seats out for sound deadening and carpet work.

Look forward to your responses.

Thanks!

Brian

Welcome! Nice burb!

Is there enough bolt sticking through were you could have someone press up on the bolt as you turn it from the top? Sounds like the threads could be stripped out.

Brian Bonehill

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
If the weather wasn’t garbage that is the exact plan I was thinking. The “nut” thats welded to the cab isnt spinning but I can feel the bolt spinning. Once it gets dry I think that’s what I will do. Teach my son a thing or two or have him listen to dad cuss some more. :eek:

Brian Bonehill

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Welcome! Nice burb!

Is there enough bolt sticking through were you could have someone press up on the bolt as you turn it from the top? Sounds like the threads could be stripped out.
Thanks! That’s the plan. Fingers crossed.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Welcome from PA. Post some pics of said burban

Forum statistics

Threads