new member '86 C10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gregsthe1

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3L
New member first post. In SW Michigan, truck came up from Florida last July. Appears to have had a hillbilly redo 20+ years ago and that work has faded into a nice looking patina. Has some surface rust in the bed but is spotless on the underside. Was lowered also using only half an ass so the ride quality is not great but you can't see that past my smiles. Sitting on Riddler 20's wearing 245/45 on the front and 275/55 on the back. Has an '05 5.3L Vortec swap that has been mildly built with cam/headers/tune and scoots pretty good. Trans has been done up too so it'll bark the tires when I give it the berries. Only 1 tire though as it still has it's factory 10 bolt open rear with probably 2.73's or 3.08's. Haven't checked yet but they're tall.

Inside is pretty factory looking. Has had a glue-on dash pad cover installed years ago that shows it's age but still looks good and matches wear on the rest of the truck well. Also has a Dakota cluster in place of the original. Heat and A/C both work great. Newer seat I don't care for but I have a NOS vintage Saddleman seat cover that has that cool retro Indian blanket vibe. It has cutouts for headrests so I need to sew them up before I put it on. Behind the seat I put in a UTV "party bar" that has a built in amp and is wired to a 12" sub. All connected via Bluetooth on my phone so it's simple and seamless and it jams hard. The party bar has crisp loud treble and the sub thumps real nice.

Overall pretty happy with the truck. It gave me some **** a few times already but nothing crazy, just your basic scratch your head in amazement type stuff that seems to follow me everywhere lol. Anywho, happy to be here to learn more about my truck and lean on the collective experience of the group to help me along the way. Happy to share anything I know as well so it should work out well for us all. Thanks for having me. Here's the truck:

You must be registered for see images attach

gregsthe1

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3L

1x1_Speed_Craig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1986/1985
Truck Model
1986 M1008, 1985 M1028
Engine Size
6.2L diesel
Nice truck...welcome from East Tennessee. I'm not sure where you're at in SW Michigan, but I grew up in Edwardsburg, lived in St. Joe for a couple years, and was in GR since the late '90s (moved to TN a few years ago).

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Welcome from Missouri.

gregsthe1

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3L
One thing I thought was really interesting and forgot to mention is that the coil packs are mounted under the engine on either side of the front crossmember and the spark plug wires come up from underneath for a pretty clean look. Seen lots of ways to conceal the ignition stuff on these LS's but this is clever and a first for me.

Probably should avoid driving in the rain though...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad