New inexperienced member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rooster73

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Thanks for the advice and the welcomes.

Update: I found a used pedal assembly and swapped it out today. Clutch pedal is better aligned and no longer squeaks.

But, (I think I started another post with this same story/question) when I was pulling the steering column out today somehow along the way the rubber spacer between the steering box and the lower steering shaft caught fire. It was small and I was able to blow it out.

How in the world did that happen???

I also had no power at all to anything when I got done putting it all back together. I found a burned wire on the small terminal block in the engine compartment on the firewall by the brake booster. I think that’s a fusible link???

I twisted the burnt ends together just to test it and everything seemed to work fine after that. I disconnected the battery for tonight until I can get it figured out.

Any ideas what would have caused the fire and the fusible link to burn ( if that wire is a fusible link)? Maybe I was supposed to disconnect the battery before I attempted this job. Oops.

PS. I found a bench seat to replace the 2001 seats that were in the truck when I bought it. I’ll get them reupholstered the right Color someday.
You must be registered for see images attach

Gardendelite

Reaction score
First Name
Gaetan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome to the parade. Just a stone's throw from King Co, WA. Sweet ride to start with. Lots of good YouTube channels to watch on Squarebodies but my fav is Vice Grip Garage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad