Fiberglass fenders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
I found a company called Hanneman Fiberglass that makes fiberglass fenders that have built in extensions to cover big tires. They sell a set with a three inch enxtension for 225 apiece. This seems a little rich to me, but was wondering if any of you have used them or something like it? I would love to get them because they look basically stock but with a little bulge to cover the rubber. This appeals to me more than an add-on flare, especially given how expensive those can be....
You must be registered for see images

Shot at 2010-09-17
Its not the best pic but all they had on their website

Last edited:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Those look completely bitchin, Do they make bedsides?

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Prerunner fenders?

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
at that price fender flares are cheaper. we bought a set of warn 4x's from advance for a little over $300 with tax and it was all four not just fronts, and they came out about 3 inches or so.

usbody source or whatever makes fiberglass fenders too but not sure if they have a flare or not. They had complete bodies in fiberglass, beds, doors, cabs, one piece front ends, different hood combos with em, tilt noses all kinds of stuff.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
That fiberglass is awesome! Very pricey.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
I love the fact that they look like GM designed them that way. Yes they are really, really expensive, but I think I will save up my pennies and get a set. I don't want to do flares because the rear tires sit inside the bedside nicely and half a set of flares would look really dumb IMO. If I went with a set of four flares then the rears would have the "tires hiding in a cave" look which also looks kinda stupid. The extended fenders would look like the factory intended you to run big ass tires which is the look i'm after. Besides,I spent five grand on the motor, why not spend five hundred on front fenders? LOL Like the song says "I haven't seen a hearse yet with a luggage rack"

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
well the arch in them is higher and the back isn't as wide either so they've been cut out for bigger tires too.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
I have wondered for a while now what it is about the 4WD that gives the trucks that funny, unbalanced look. The front tires stick out quite a bit more than the rears do. Is it the locking hubs on the front axle, or the fact that the front has all the steering hardware to carry? Look at a late model Dodge Van, they have the same thing going on. Only downside to the glass fenders (other than the price) is the fact that I'll have to work twice as hard to get mud on the windshield! LOL

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I just thought of a reason fiberglass fenders would suck, If you blow a tire they might be trash after that. I blew out both back tires a while ago and my bed is screwed up bad, and thats steel!

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I don't think it's because the axle it just ended up being stuck out more. our 86 k10 was and my 88 newer body style is the same way, it's 4x4 and ifs and the fronts stick out more then the backs.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
I just thought of a reason fiberglass fenders would suck, If you blow a tire they might be trash after that. I blew out both back tires a while ago and my bed is screwed up bad, and thats steel!

Ain't that the truth! And I'm running the 33" TSL radials also. If one of those mothers ever let go there would be trouble! But I have to think the steel inner fenders would help somewhat...

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Ain't that the truth! And I'm running the 33" TSL radials also. If one of those mothers ever let go there would be trouble! But I have to think the steel inner fenders would help somewhat...

After both my rear tires blew out at interstate speeds my bed is pretty well trashed, I could not believe it. I blew out a 31x10 front tire when i had my 2000 dakota and it completely ripped all the plastic bumper off the front. Its surprising how destructive exploding tires are.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Now when you say "blow-out" do you mean they delaminated, like a semi losing a retread, or do you mean "blow-out" like KABOOM tire everywhere? Either way, you have terrible luck with tires LOL It is easy to forget how much weight and mass you are dealing with in a spinning tire though, especially when you are talking about 33s. the physics there is a little terrifying...

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Now when you say "blow-out" do you mean they delaminated, like a semi losing a retread, or do you mean "blow-out" like KABOOM tire everywhere? Either way, you have terrible luck with tires LOL It is easy to forget how much weight and mass you are dealing with in a spinning tire though, especially when you are talking about 33s. the physics there is a little terrifying...

The Dodge blow out on the front was an actual tire explosion, the two on the rear of my GMC just lost the tread down to the steel belts but remained aired up somehow. I am plagued with blowouts for some reason which is strange since i always buy good tires, after my last terrifying blowout i will not buy anything but a brand new tire off the rack, no "new mounted once takeoffs".

I would love to see what happens when one of your tsl's come apart haha.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
I don't even like to think about it! I haven't dug too deeply inot the temp rating on those tires for good reason. I imagine they aren't rated for the sort of use i have put them to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD