73-87 Windowless Fiberglass shell for short bed Chev pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdvela

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
shortbed Chevy
Engine Size
Hello all,

I am looking for a windowless, fiberglass camper shell for my 87 short bed chevy pickup. The brands that used to make them were SnugTop and Leer, but they do not make them anymore. I also heard that SnugTop does not even have any molds for these anymore. I would be interested in one that needed repair. Would anyone have a line on one?

(I added a picture of my truck to show you what it will be installed on.)

Thank you very much,
BV

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 20221203_174747.jpg
    20221203_174747.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 36

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Showcar body parts in Ontario canada probably can make it but their website is trash so you'll probably have to call. I got a bunch of stuff from them. Import goes flawlessly

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
TYVM, MarineOne. I will give them a call.

Thanks again,
BV
Every so often a truck shows up in the local wrecking yards with a shell. More short beds than long beds. Check the LKQ website for online inventory; they have several pictures of each vehicle currently on the yards. There's a U Pull And Pay yard over near Hobby Airport that also has online inventory list, but they're not good about having pictures posted. There's other yards around too, and I was recently out on North Shepherd and there are lots of used parts places out that way. Most have truck parts.
Very cool looking square body by the way, I love flames on pickups!

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Thanks for the tips, HotWheelsBurban.

I appreciate it,
BV
No problem, I've been looking at shells, because I eventually want one on my crew cab. There's some times I need to haul stuff with the one ton, instead of the Burb, and it needs to be covered....
So I've gotten used to looking over the online pix and the trucks in the yards when I'm there.

bdvela

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
shortbed Chevy
Engine Size
Boy, I have been looking too. I have dogs and a single cab. I need that shell! lol.

BV

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad