Factory wheel and tire packages?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Does anyone have any information on what tire and wheel packages were available for our trucks? Specifically for 1978? My dad says that he ordered the truck with the biggest tires he could from the factory, but I have no idea what size that would have been. And unfortunately he sold the original rims and hubcaps years ago. I've always wondered what my truck looked like when it was new lol. I have a set of ralleys for it, but I'm wondering if there was ever a wagon wheel type of OEM wheel as well? I happen to also have a set of 8" wagon wheels that have threaded holes in them for hubcaps, just like my ralleys do. Just wondering if this is some kind of factory option? I would love to see some pics of the factory offerings.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
This is Blazer, but they generally shared wheels with the K10.

You must be registered for see images attach

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Hard to find pics of the base wheel and hubcap, had to go to a 1980 brochure for that.

You must be registered for see images attach

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Thanks retro!!! That's exactly what I needed. It looks like my truck came with 10.00-15's, which I'm guessing would be 31's. And it looks like the wheels I have are the "styled" wheels that were available at the time. Man, I wish dad had kept the steelies and hubcaps, then I would have had all three options to choose from. I can't get over all the different options that were available back then. You could pretty much build your dream truck. It would have taken me two days to order mine tho lol.

Last edited:

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Thanks retro!!! That's exactly what I needed. It looks like my truck came with 10.00-15's, which I'm guessing would be 31's. And it looks like the wheels I have are the "styled" wheels that were available at the time. Man, I wish dad had kept the steelies and hubcaps, then I would have had all three options to choose from. I can't get over all the different options that were available back then. You could pretty much build your dream truck. It would have taken me two days to order mine tho lol.

I hear you on that, I was drooling thrue the dealer option books for our trucks and i want to try to add alot of the options that were back then to my truck when i get it done.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected

So with that .pdf it will answer a question I've had and some others have had: "what is the height of a stock truck, or how can I tell how much my stock springs have sagged".

Just trying to figure out what the GT measurement is on page 7. Ground to rear fender arch? Ground to bottom of the taillight? They show it being 33.1" or add another 19.3" to it and get the bed rail height at the tailgate. 52.4"
They do not mention what tires were on the truck with the measurements. But they do say 7.2" rear ground clearance. That should be ground to the bottom of the diff.

So comparing measurements on a person's truck currently vs the ones mentioned above should show how much sag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB