New Wheel/Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruegge10

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
This truck was my Dad's, sat for a lot of years, but in great condition, 63k original miles... had a 350 built and it's back up and running, and now we have little bits and pieces of updating to do. First things exhaust and wheels... we have 15x7 rally's and although I like the look, I want to go with a bigger rally... maybe 18x7...?

Any recommendations??? I'd also love to hear tire size suggestions to go with the 18x7....

You must be registered for see images attach

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
This truck was my Dad's, sat for a lot of years, but in great condition, 63k original miles... had a 350 built and it's back up and running, and now we have little bits and pieces of updating to do. First things exhaust and wheels... we have 15x7 rally's and although I like the look, I want to go with a bigger rally... maybe 18x7...?

Any recommendations??? I'd also love to hear tire size suggestions to go with the 18x7....

I think it looks fantastic and have no advice for different size wheels or tires except my opinion. The aftermarket rally wheels in the larger sizes just look off to me on almost every build I've seen. For larger wheels I recommend venturing away from the rally style.

Your truck & your money though, regardless of my personal preference I can respect whatever you choose.

ETA: Welcome to the GMSB forum

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Welcome! That's a beautiful truck. Unfortunately, an 18x7 is an extremely oddball size, I'm not entirely sure you'll be able to find a wheel in that size. What's the suspension setup? Any plans to go lower?

My advice is, browse around on the internet/this forum for pictures of trucks and find some that you like their stance/wheel setup. See if the setup is listed/noted and if not, quote them and ask what it is. Most 18" wheels are 18x8 or 18x10, but IMHO, 18s look odd on these trucks. I like 15s or 20s much better. Again, just IMHO.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@ruegge10
That trucks a beauty!
There are tons of different variants of steel rally’s. And aluminum wheels too. Those ones on your truck are like old corvette rallys or Camaro style?
Lots of options US Wheel, Wheel Vintiques, Detroit Steel and likely several other more common brands.
IMO 18s look great on 2wd half tons. Much bigger and you gotta have rubber band tires.

ruegge10

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Welcome! That's a beautiful truck. Unfortunately, an 18x7 is an extremely oddball size, I'm not entirely sure you'll be able to find a wheel in that size. What's the suspension setup? Any plans to go lower?

My advice is, browse around on the internet/this forum for pictures of trucks and find some that you like their stance/wheel setup. See if the setup is listed/noted and if not, quote them and ask what it is. Most 18" wheels are 18x8 or 18x10, but IMHO, 18s look odd on these trucks. I like 15s or 20s much better. Again, just IMHO.

I meant 18x8, my mistake... but you have 20 on your square???

ruegge10

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
@ruegge10
That trucks a beauty!
There are tons of different variants of steel rally’s. And aluminum wheels too. Those ones on your truck are like old corvette rallys or Camaro style?
Lots of options US Wheel, Wheel Vintiques, Detroit Steel and likely several other more common brands.
IMO 18s look great on 2wd half tons. Much bigger and you gotta have rubber band tires.

Thanks... they're old Vette style. I was trying to maybe not go 20 so I didn't have to have too thin of a tire like you said, 18 would allow me to have a little more rubber on there.

Reactions: WFO

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I meant 18x8, my mistake... but you have 20 on your square???
Yep. I’ve got 20x8 and 20x10.5 with a 255/40/20 and 315/35/20. I drive this truck all over the country, never had a problem with the low profile tires, just have to be smart with potholes and stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod