Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I wish I were closer. I'd take the 4.3 from you and trade some parts.

Are you sure you want to use those headers? If you don't have a reason to justify the use of them, as in some performance upgrades, I'd leave it alone with the stock OEM exhaust. Headers can be a PITA if they're not high quality thick flange headers. Issues with replacing header gaskets, collector gaskets, burnt plug wires etc. I avoid them when I can, but of course I'm older now. I had them on about everything too in my younger days, but I also had the energy to deal with those issues then too.

Just get you 2 pieces of straight pipe about 3-4 foot long, 2 mufflers, 2 turndowns, and 2 hangers. You can probably set this up yourself, then drive it to a muffler shop if you don't have the tools or know how to weld the pipe to the collectors and they'd probably do it for about $25. I'd just clamp the muffler and turndowns on. This way, you can swap the mufflers later on if you choose to without having to cut welds and re weld.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
I am a new fan of the moroso spiral flow's , (flowmaster in the past) , I just put them on my blazer , 2 1/2" pipe , heddman header's , turned down just over the diff. , with 18" chrome tip's and it sound's like a drag car. Loud and deeper than flowmaster's , not for everybody but I love them , (summit , 60.00 each).

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I wish I were closer. I'd take the 4.3 from you and trade some parts.

Are you sure you want to use those headers? If you don't have a reason to justify the use of them, as in some performance upgrades, I'd leave it alone with the stock OEM exhaust. Headers can be a PITA if they're not high quality thick flange headers. Issues with replacing header gaskets, collector gaskets, burnt plug wires etc. I avoid them when I can, but of course I'm older now. I had them on about everything too in my younger days, but I also had the energy to deal with those issues then too.

Just get you 2 pieces of straight pipe about 3-4 foot long, 2 mufflers, 2 turndowns, and 2 hangers. You can probably set this up yourself, then drive it to a muffler shop if you don't have the tools or know how to weld the pipe to the collectors and they'd probably do it for about $25. I'd just clamp the muffler and turndowns on. This way, you can swap the mufflers later on if you choose to without having to cut welds and re weld.

About any exhaust shop around here won't touch anything for less than $200, and no cat means they don't even want anything to do with it unless they sell some cats too.

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
As I posted above you can buy the whole exhaust kit from advance for cheap and put it on yourself no prob. Except that pipe I had to bend. You can get with headers manifolds single or dual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
About any exhaust shop around here won't touch anything for less than $200, and no cat means they don't even want anything to do with it unless they sell some cats too.

Yah they are pricks here too. And no under the floor exhaust dumps under passenger areas of Blazers or burbs. And if I want to put duals on I got to run 2 friggin cats. Really hanging me up on pulling the trigger on a system for mine. And I can't find **** for a kit with straight out under the back bumper exits. Does anybody remember the cat back split dual exhaust kits from JCW that was all straight pipes with those resonator tips exiting under the bumper? I can't remember the make of them but that was a great kit. :(

Sent from my iPod touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hearthrob wasn't it?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Hearthrob wasn't it?

Yeah that's it, you remember the kit I am talking about? Had a choice of chrome or black tip resonators? I sent them an email asking what they could conjure up.

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
raptor's

Here's a pic of the raptor muffler

Attachments

• raptor mufflers.jpg
    raptor mufflers.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 70

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yeah that's it, you remember the kit I am talking about? Had a choice of chrome or black tip resonators? I sent them an email asking what they could conjure up.

Yeah I remember, they had them for S10's too. There's a lot of stuff they don't sell anymore. I haven't looked through a catalog in a few years because last time I was very disappointed in what they no longer had.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Man, I love Hooker Headers. I've had a couple buddies with them on their race cars that I've worked on. They are cut nice to where you can get to everything within reason, they fit nice, have a nice flange that supports the gaskets well, sound good, look good for a very long time, but damn you pay for it and I've never been able to afford a set of Hookers. (And never bought a Hooker or a ***** either, but was married to a ****) When I had money I wasn't into racing anymore. I'll have a set someday. Maybe used and I don't give a ****. If they're in good used shape I'm good with that.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That isn't bad at all for Hookers. Never was fond of Black Hookers, but at the price....

:happy175:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harley011905