Electrical Connections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leviwatson

Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 1500
Engine Size
Hey all, I'm working on connecting my engine to the wiring harness and I'm having a hard time doing so. Truck is an 84 k10, but I pulled the 305 that was in it and put in a 350. Don't know the year. Can't find a good diagram to label wires with. Any resources?

I'm familliar with the distributor plugin, but pretty much everything else I'm a little stumped on. Mostly looking to identify the wires coming through the firewall. Thanks so much.

You must be registered for see images attach

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Last picture looks like alternator wiring.

If your heat ain't working, it goes to passenger side of that junction block, dont see it.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
The first, are you looking at the wires coming out of the bulkhead or the ones for the wiper/washer motor? Second, is of the firewall junction block and you also have the TCC lockup vacuum switch in there. Third, I see the ESC bypass connector. Fourth, I see an air injection diverter connector. Last, as mentioned, alternator. There’s probably more than you’re looking for than that. Check out the reference library and the service manual for your year. If there’s an electrical supplement for the ‘84 model, the engine harness diagram will be in there. If not, you’ll have to reference the full manual. The 1984-86 wiring schemes were almost identical, and GM wiring is pretty standardized from 1977-93 so you can learn something from just about any diagram you look at from those timeframes.

leviwatson

Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 1500
Engine Size
The first, are you looking at the wires coming out of the bulkhead or the ones for the wiper/washer motor? Second, is of the firewall junction block and you also have the TCC lockup vacuum switch in there. Third, I see the ESC bypass connector. Fourth, I see an air injection diverter connector. Last, as mentioned, alternator. There’s probably more than you’re looking for than that. Check out the reference library and the service manual for your year. If there’s an electrical supplement for the ‘84 model, the engine harness diagram will be in there. If not, you’ll have to reference the full manual. The 1984-86 wiring schemes were almost identical, and GM wiring is pretty standardized from 1977-93 so you can learn something from just about any diagram you look at from those timeframes.

Jimmy, I was talking about the wires coming out of the bulkhead. Thanks for all the information! I'll see if I can find a manual. Thanks!

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl

If I am not mistaken, that two terminal thing at the top of the picture might be wired wrong. The left side is the power side and the right side is for the accessories. The two terminals are then connected with a fusible link.

Zukeman

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1977 chevy K10
Truck Model
Cheyenne
Engine Size
350-5.7 ltr
Hello. Im working on the same issue in my 77 K10. Fixing some wiring fixes that happened before I bought itI just can't figure out where the large red wires go too to be sure.
Any change u can shoot me a couple pics of yours ???
Thx, mike

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size

Zukeman

Reaction score