Dumbo mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Not sure if this will help, I’ve never used it or attempted to use it yet.
Hey, this is good information. I will check and compare, as I still haven't fitted them yet.

1977Big10

Reaction score
First Name
KillerBee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I'm also trying to attach the Dumbo mirrors to my 1977 Big10 doors. Just received the mirrors and all the hardware for mounting them from LMC. Was hoping to find a template in a PDF form, so I could get exact measurements when I print out the PDF. Was confused when I noticed the brackets are different sizes and don't know where to mount them inside the door without a location to drill mounting holes. Can PDF documents be attached for download here, or is it just pics? If I find anything new, I'll be sure to add it to this thread. Thanks to all those helping out here.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
There may be a pdf available in the Library section here, but I don't remember if any of the manuals posted are assembly manuals.

Several years ago, I posted pictures of the factory hole locations, along with measurements. I'll see if I can find those again.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Oh... looks like it was this thread I posted them in, lol. Those are the best I can do.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I found this picture of the OEM instructions , unfortunately they were already cropped. I found another thread on here where I described the location.

The center of the mount is about 1/2 way between the vertical post and the wing window handle. The door has a flat area to mount the mirror. Make sure the stainless cover is above the start of the curve in the body.

Make sure you get the barrel nuts for the top holes and use the OEM brackets. The bottom bolt attaches to the bracket.

AaronW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
If I could add a question, as I was intending to post this anyway...

How do you guys keep your dumbo mirrors from perpetually creeping back? My old ones on my 89 V3500 did that. They were rusty, I got a new black set from LMC, and these do the same thing.

Aaron

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
If I could add a question, as I was intending to post this anyway...

How do you guys keep your dumbo mirrors from perpetually creeping back? My old ones on my 89 V3500 did that. They were rusty, I got a new black set from LMC, and these do the same thing.

Aaron
On factory mirrors there are two bolts that clamp the mirror head (#8) in the diagram. I put on LMC mirrors on my truck and it uses Phillips head screws. Mine keep moving, so I’m going to put the LMC mirror heads back on my factory bases and hopefully that will stop.

1977Big10

Reaction score
First Name
KillerBee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I found this picture of the OEM instructions , unfortunately they were already cropped. I found another thread on here where I described the location.

The center of the mount is about 1/2 way between the vertical post and the wing window handle. The door has a flat area to mount the mirror. Make sure the stainless cover is above the start of the curve in the body.

Make sure you get the barrel nuts for the top holes and use the OEM brackets. The bottom bolt attaches to the bracket.
Thank you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD