Drum Brakes Question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey Guys,

Rebuilding the rear brakes on my K10 and have a few questions.

I keep reading about some "wavy washers" that should be there? But I have taken mine apart, and do not see anything of the sort. Possible they have been lost over the years, or do some set ups just not have them? Anyone have a picture of what they should look like?

Also, what are these and where do they go? My spring set came with four of them, but again, I do not see any of these on my truck. Help?
You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Those look like the covers for the inspection/adjusting slots on the backing plates. No idea what the "wavy washers" would be.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
the only wavy wahers i have ever seen would be on ford drum brakes the go between the shoe and the parking brake lever

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for the responses guys. Got it all replaced and everything is working well.

Neither side had wavy washers, so I just reassembled as it was, and threw the little black things away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS