Dana 80 for the rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
Nah is okay no one was hurt. But i am really exited to get started on my cummins conversion. I think i have the best donor truck you could really get as far as ease of conversion. i believe the hardest part is going to be the 4x4 conversion and finding the time to do all the work. O yeah and rounding up the money haha!! Thanks alot for your help and your info! hopefully I have the time to do a build tread also that would be sweet

No one hurt is what matters most.

My truck is a crew cab also and I'm excited to see your build because I wouldn't mind doing this same conversion myself. But I also think a 454 5 speed would be a lot of fun.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Glad to see ya back man and that you weren't hurt. :popcorn:

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
No one hurt is what matters most.

My truck is a crew cab also and I'm excited to see your build because I wouldn't mind doing this same conversion myself. But I also think a 454 5 speed would be a lot of fun.

Yes sir sure is! Im gonna start pulling the cummins maybe today probably tomorrow ill get some picture up on another Tread and i guess it will go from there! 454 5 speed would be pretty fun but im a cummins fanatic! Gotta love Torque

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
Yes sir sure is! Im gonna start pulling the cummins maybe today probably tomorrow ill get some picture up on another Tread and i guess it will go from there! 454 5 speed would be pretty fun but im a cummins fanatic! Gotta love Torque

I have never dealt with a cummins to much but my 454 runs too good to just pull it out.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
I have never dealt with a cummins to much but my 454 runs too good to just pull it out.

Haha i just pulled out the rebuild motor that was in my truck with only 8,000 miles! Haha im gonna try and sell it to come up with some of the money need for the swap!

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
Haha i just pulled out the rebuild motor that was in my truck with only 8,000 miles! Haha im gonna try and sell it to come up with some of the money need for the swap!

Buying a used cummins around here will run you about 2000-2500 :(

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Buying a used cummins around here will run you about 2000-2500 :(

Yeah I stole the whole truck a few months ago at 3000, he was askin 6000 talked him down some how. But used motors run about the same around here.

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
Yeah I stole the whole truck a few months ago at 3000, he was askin 6000 talked him down some how. But used motors run about the same around here.

If not even sure if you can classify that as stealing, Nice buy man. Question is would you like your money back?

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
If not even sure if you can classify that as stealing, Nice buy man. Question is would you like your money back?

Haha maybe after the motor, tranny, and both axles are are out haha!! No I couldn't I will never find another one that cheap

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
Haha maybe after the motor, tranny, and both axles are are out haha!! No I couldn't I will never find another one that cheap

It never hurts to ask right? As far as having a donor truck yours is perfect and great for a budget build.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
It never hurts to ask right? As far as having a donor truck yours is perfect and great for a budget build.

Don't think people can get anywhere with asking. Thank for all your help I'll keep y'all posted!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm thinking you might just drop the attitude about such a bad day, and it being your birthday and all, and be thankful. Looks like it was a pretty damn lucky day to me. I'da stopped off and bought a couple lottery tickets and happily started making plans to transplant the powertrain into my square.

Glad to hear you're OK. And thanks so much for getting another DODGE off the road, all while giving a square the best powertrain it could possibly have. Seems like a great situation to me. Cummins in the Square for my Birthday??? That's a good Birthday.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
I'm thinking you might just drop the attitude about such a bad day, and it being your birthday and all, and be thankful. Looks like it was a pretty damn lucky day to me. I'da stopped off and bought a couple lottery tickets and happily started making plans to transplant the powertrain into my square.

Glad to hear you're OK. And thanks so much for getting another DODGE off the road, all while giving a square the best powertrain it could possibly have. Seems like a great situation to me. Cummins in the Square for my Birthday??? That's a good Birthday.

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahhaa!!! Guess I could have went and got some lottery tickets, if I was old enough!!! Haha! But yes I am very thankful and lucky the me nor my girlfriend didn't get hurt. Lord was definitely on are side that night!

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Do y'all have any tips about welding the perches or what the angle of the pinion I think is what it's called needs to be set at?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
referrich