Damn mice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
@73c20jim you only had a nest in your glove box? Your lucky! I have an 82 named Aunt Fannie.I hadn't driven her much over the winter and decided to drive her to work. It was a cold day in the low 20's so i flip the heater to defrost and let the cab get warmed up, and we all know how hot a GM heater gets in a square. So im driving down the road and stereo on and i start smelling something horrific, like burnt fur and roadkill kinda smell. I took the truck apart and 3 fat mice had been trapped when the door changed and it cooked them. the truck is still, without a heater box until i find a new one lol.
:puke:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
@73c20jim you only had a nest in your glove box? Your lucky! I have an 82 named Aunt Fannie.I hadn't driven her much over the winter and decided to drive her to work. It was a cold day in the low 20's so i flip the heater to defrost and let the cab get warmed up, and we all know how hot a GM heater gets in a square. So im driving down the road and stereo on and i start smelling something horrific, like burnt fur and roadkill kinda smell. I took the truck apart and 3 fat mice had been trapped when the door changed and it cooked them. the truck is still, without a heater box until i find a new one lol.

Sheee-iiit - you got you one of them fancy cookers for a nice hot meal for your cat.

I am jealous , man !

LOL - :puke:is right.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
My stepdad was a mechanic for about 40 years and he has a similar story of the rodents that deceased in the heater box. Someone brought in the car because of the smell. He tore apart the dash to get to the heater box and found rodent soup. I can only imagine the stench.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That's the funniest thing I've ever heard, not pleasant but funny none the less.

I had a mice problem in my house after we moved in. I had two dogs then to and the little suckers, the mice not the dogs, were getting into the living area and we had the dogs food bowl in front of the couch in the den. Just for them to snack on and a little water. In the middle of the night they were sneaking into the den by coming out of the space between the cabinet doors below the kitchen sink. From there they were getting food right in front of the dogs as they slept and from there they were somehow getting into my wife's closet where she kept her shoes. Months later she was cleaning out that closet and found little amounts of the dogs food morsels inside the shoes without chewing a hole in the shoe box. Apparently they were opening the box top and depositing a few morsels into the box and closing the lids because we found morsels in several shoe boxes!

Then over years we have found those dang food morsels up in the attic in boxes, that again had no hole in them but down inside the stuff in the box were those food morsels! Damn mice!

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Up here in SW ND the mice are a different breed. They survive the insanely cold winters by huddling up in our glove boxes, heater boxes, air filters, hell I've even seen em living in hoods going in and out of the little holes. I've seen everything from 2 bedroom mouse apartments to full on mouse mansions.

I say they're a different breed because these things literally eat and **** that Dcon poison stuff like it's a main course for all three meals of the day, even a damn midnight snack, logs of greenish blue mouse turds everywhere.. it's truly unbelievable. The poison worked for a while until they added the crap into their diet like it was no big deal.

I like the bucket traps most. But I've watched mice climb up the bucket and check it out only to jump off cuz they're too damn smart. We've tried dryer sheets and soap, those work ok but the best medicine is to keep all your vehicles active to some extent.

The worst was a rambler American we had on the farm, i had no plans of ever doing anything with it but I didn't want it to sit, so I was gonna do something with it but I opened the trunk and the whole entire trunk was filled with a mouse nest. This is the mouse mansion I mentioned earlier, the most unbelievable mouse nest I ever saw, I saw it and said nope I'm good.

Ive been pulling the heater system out of my 70 c50 as the mice made a nice apartment complex in it.

Last edited:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
My buddy had a snake a long time ago that he fed little white mice. He bought a tazer when they first came out. Not wanting to try it out on ourselves we shocked the **** out of a white mouse he had. That MF took it and didn't die. I couldn't believe it. I mean shocked the **** out of it too!! Lol

But I have seen homemade electric ones work tho.

:happy175::roflbow:

****** awesome :rockit:

MrPink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
moth balls work to keep them away as well.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I've got a couple in the attic I heard just last night. I've got some of the one bite poison sticks. So I went to get some out the garage. Ut doesn't take much. I threw a couple little pieces in the attic few months ago and had a dead one in the yard couple days later. Now the bastards ate over half the pack. Wtf? Guess ill call the exterminator and have them come out. They do every 3 months anyways. ******* mice!!

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
Moth balls work i keep them in my glove box and under my seat including in the air cleaner. No mice yet only the sweet aroma in the summer of moth balls haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJinAZ