Damn mice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I’d like to get a serval cat. A guy up by me has one for moles and says it’s a successful hunter. Rarely feeds it and it’s still 25 lbs.
You must be registered for see images attach

I shoot the moles with an AR, but it’s a game of luck. Only got a dozen or so over the 4 years I’ve been here.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Or the early "not safe for idiots" model...
You must be registered for see images attach
LMAO. But having been zapped myself a few bazillion times, will that actually kill them? (Serious question). That's an awesome idea!
Ozium is usually pretty good, too!
Oh yeah, it worked great! For about 10 minutes.... I even tried spraying myself with it. No help. Lol

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
My buddy had a snake a long time ago that he fed little white mice. He bought a tazer when they first came out. Not wanting to try it out on ourselves we shocked the **** out of a white mouse he had. That MF took it and didn't die. I couldn't believe it. I mean shocked the **** out of it too!! Lol

But I have seen homemade electric ones work tho.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
That specific one actually didn't work, guy did a test and videoed it, mouse jumped/knocked back away from it saved him. Now if you had a tad of glue paper there, probably keep zappin' till it popped the breaker, lol.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
I fired my motorcycle up on the first day of spring a few years back, let it warm up, and ran inside for my jacket/helmet.
I happened to look out the front window and I see a bunch of smoke in my yard.
I went running outside to find smoke just bellowing out of the right side pipe.
I shut the bike off really quick and the pipe was still a smokestack. Upon further investigation with a flashlight, I found a smoldering mouse nest.
It was way up in there, so I just decided to start the bike back up and rev the hell out of it.
I swear it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Flaming mouse nest pieces went flying across my lawn, followed by a whole bunch of smoked corn. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
And yeah, I hate mice and rats.
The very next year, same bike, wouldn't start.
I spent like 3hrs troubleshooting, only to find that a mouse had chewed through the neutral safety switch wire.
It was probably a revenge move.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
We got my buddy's neighbor in high school with the ol potato in the tailpipe trick. Dude had a square that we shoved the potato in. He actually drove around for a while with it in there. Guess enough exhaust was getting buy while driving. He came home later while we were outside and said it was running rough and dieing. We told him let it sit and then fire it up and rev the **** out of it. He did and that MF shot out glowing and charred. Hahaha!!
He ran over and said: what was that? We said: a baked potato.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Look man! I ain't fallin' for no potato up my tailpipe!

Yeah, I had to.

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Years ago, I had a cat that brought a live mouse into my house. Of course the dumb bastard was trying to play with it and eventually the mouse got loose. I will never understand how a mouse can find it's way into the wall and up into the attic. But this one did. It found a place in the insulation right above my bedroom. And this ******* mouse would just sit there and scratch and chew on the sheetrock. I almost blasted a few holes through my ceiling with the 12 gauge. Eventually I went up into the attic with some poison and luckily that worked.
But what a tough and ****** little animal they are. They can live in insulation with nothing but sheetrock to chew on.

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
How about those giant ******* snakes. I have had some serious nightmares over that ****. I knew better than to read the story, but I read it anyway. These people being eaten by snakes. Granted, they are smaller humans but still. What a way to go. I realize they crush and kill you first but still. A million ways to die. I highly recommend not living around these ******* dinosaurs. Crocodiles and big snakes and all that ********. That's why I love Minnesota. Our winters keeps the riff raff out. Fun fact. Crocodiles have been this way for 60 million years. That pee brain and massive jaw seems to work smoothly with evolution. I think we should kill them all. But that's just me

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Look man! I ain't fallin' for no potato up my tailpipe!

Yeah, I had to.

It should be more natural, brotha. It should flow out like this. See, that’s more natural for us. You’ve been hanging out with this dude too long.

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Obviously we cant avoid mice. I wish we could. But we definitely can avoid these old dinosaurs. Crocodiles and all that nasty ****. I was watching a show the other day that had something to do with efficient housing. And I **** you not, this couple was building a house on the side of a volcano in Hawaii. And while they were building there was a small eruption that took out some other people's homes. What is the appeal with living in danger? I dont get it. Building homes in tornado alley. Building homes on the side of a ******* volcano. Living with the crocodiles. Living with the snakes. To those of you that do these things, what is the appeal? What is the upside? Or do you just enjoy living on the edge? I can respect that but I want to understand.

Hatchet54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
In my experience, a lot of it has to do with having a desire to be away from people. I.e., being willing to live somewhere that others are afraid to, and/or being more comfortable with nature than with other people. Most of the folks you find in these dangerous places are people like me that want as little to do with "society" as possible and like the idea of living "out there". But I don't live on the side of no volcano, mind you...that's a little too "out there"...in more ways than one...

But there is some grey area, because it seems like a lot of people probably don't give a s*** but only do it so they can have their own tv show. Which seems to not only negate the whole point but also is a surprisingly lucrative idea. So who the heck really knows.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Mouse Rant:

So I noticed mouse activity in the very late fall near my dad’s truck. I’m hardly ever there, and when I am, I have a million chores to do and errands to run. The truck hasn’t moved in a while because the transmission’s burnt up in it, and they let the batteries go dead in it. My mom said she didn’t know you could start a vehicle with a cooked transmission. Give me a break. I placed snap traps under the truck, bait stations in the engine bay, and glue traps in the cab. I caught one mouse the first night with the snap traps, but then all it would catch was wrens, and I had to pull those because I felt guilty. They’re harmless little birds just going for a quick bite. The bait stations had nibbles on the poison and feces inside but no mouse. Great. I checked the glue traps after the last protracted period of time I was there and nothing. I asked my mom to keep an eye on them for me. She said she would.

Anyway, I came into some free time last weekend where I could get fresh batteries and try to start the truck so I can take it to have the tranny rebuilt. I open it up and find three absolutely putrefied mice on the glue traps with blow flies in them, and I later found maggots embedded in the backing of the carpet. It was disgusting, and I was so pissed. I spent the whole weekend cleaning that truck and trying to get that smell out. I rented a carpet steamer and had to buy a bunch of products to try and do that whole job.

In hindsight, I shouldn’t have taken it on someone’s word that they would take care of this for me. I asked her to start my Jimmy when I’m gone for 3 weeks to a month at a time, and she didn’t. Just bought a new battery for it because the old one was out of warranty and dead as Dillinger. I’m almost out of school, and I’m gonna have to take more responsibility for mine and my dad’s stuff. I didn’t want to step on toes with his stuff because my brother has certain rights to it, but letting my dad’s prized possession be a toilet and sex shack for a bunch of nasty rodents is absolutely desecrating. Now I’m mad, and I’m gonna take it under my wing. I couldn’t care less who gets pissed off about it.

Oh, for you non-single men out there, make sure your better half knows how to do stuff should you die first. My mom’s a complete invalid, and she’s impossible to help. It’s actually very sad. And she’s 55. That’s a long time to live completely crippled like that.

Oaasport

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V10
Engine Size
@73c20jim you only had a nest in your glove box? Your lucky! I have an 82 named Aunt Fannie.I hadn't driven her much over the winter and decided to drive her to work. It was a cold day in the low 20's so i flip the heater to defrost and let the cab get warmed up, and we all know how hot a GM heater gets in a square. So im driving down the road and stereo on and i start smelling something horrific, like burnt fur and roadkill kinda smell. I took the truck apart and 3 fat mice had been trapped when the door changed and it cooked them. the truck is still, without a heater box until i find a new one lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat