Custom wood door trim w/pull strap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
So I need door trim for my panels off an '87 'burb. I've got the back just not the chrome that runs thru the middle.

Why not cut a whole panel out of 1/4" oak/cedar/blah/etc and stain/fit/glue the panel in place then drill/mount the strap hardware? Anyone done this?

Neighbor has the tools to do it. Thought I'd check before I waste $ on wood/stain and his time if theirs a major issue. The only thing I see being an issue is lining up the holes to be drilled. May go 1/8" if you all think the thickness is an issue. I would think 1/4" glued/epoxied would be stronger.

Thanks In Advance

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
So I need door trim for my panels off an '87 'burb. I've got the back just not the chrome that runs thru the middle.

Why not cut a whole panel out of 1/4" oak/cedar/blah/etc and stain/fit/glue the panel in place then drill/mount the strap hardware? Anyone done this?

Neighbor has the tools to do it. Thought I'd check before I waste $ on wood/stain and his time if theirs a major issue. The only thing I see being an issue is lining up the holes to be drilled. May go 1/8" if you all think the thickness is an issue. I would think 1/4" glued/epoxied would be stronger.

Thanks In Advance
It’s been done, someone here posted some pics a few months back of those inserts made from Wood.
I remember it looked really good! I guess it all depends on the execution.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8